1st ever CAD (DK)
[-]
  •
10-01-2014, 11:03 PM,
1st ever CAD (DK)
Hi All,

So, I e-mailed DK regarding my bezel ring project, and here is the revised CAD (the original did not have scrollwork). This is my first custom piece, so I am open to any thoughts, suggestions, etc. It is a pretty simple bezel solitaire, with the details in the basket holding the stone and the scrollwork. I am planning on having the setting made in unplated white gold.

DK CAD with scrollwork

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glitzy's post:
  • lovebezels38
10-02-2014, 12:34 AM,
RE: 1st ever CAD (DK)
I really like it!! The unplated white gold will be maintenance free so that was a good choice to go with. You will love how comfortable it is and how it feels like you're not even wearing a ring!! I'm really happy for you!! Bezels are so simple, carefree and understated, but yet so classy and beautiful at the same time. I can't see any changes that need to be made, but maybe someone else here can give you a little more feedback. Can't wait to see pics!!

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 06:59 AM,
(10-02-2014, 12:34 AM)Glitzy Wrote: I really like it!! The unplated white gold will be maintenance free so that was a good choice to go with. You will love how comfortable it is and how it feels like you're not even wearing a ring!! I'm really happy for you!! Bezels are so simple, carefree and understated, but yet so classy and beautiful at the same time. I can't see any changes that need to be made, but maybe someone else here can give you a little more feedback. Can't wait to see pics!!

Thanks @Glitzy!

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 07:57 AM,
It looks lovely. Unless you like a thick bezel I would ask David to make sure that it is sleek and small. Or that it will be smaller than is showing in the CADs which is often the case. If you want a chunkier one then it looks great!

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 10:00 AM,
(10-02-2014, 07:57 AM)idahosubaru Wrote: It looks lovely. Unless you like a thick bezel I would ask David to make sure that it is sleek and small. Or that it will be smaller than is showing in the CADs which is often the case. If you want a chunkier one then it looks great!

Thanks @idahosubaru for the comments and suggestion regarding the bezel. He said the bezel, polished, would be about 1mm. Is that typical?

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 10:19 AM,
Good to know. I think it will be lovely! Will it have milgrain around the stone?

[-]
  •
10-02-2014, 06:16 PM,
Very pretty! What sort of stone will it be?

[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 06:44 AM,
Oh my, I love it! It looks a lot like the one that I have in the works, except instead of circles yours looks like petals. We can be bezel sisters! I'd ask for the bezel to be as thin as possible. Instead of unplated white gold have you looked into X1 white gold? I really love the color, looks a little greyer than rhodium dipped white gold but just as maintenance free as unplated wg.

[-] The following 1 user Likes magpie's post:
  • lovebezels38
10-03-2014, 09:02 AM,
Sleek and pretty! I love bezels with a twist, they're so versatile. As far as bezel widths go... there's undeniable beauty in whisper thin bezels, but there's an appeal to substantial bezels too, particularly if they're finished off with an expertly executed beveled detail or milgrain - it really depends on what you're going for!

[-]
  •
10-03-2014, 04:34 PM,
(10-02-2014, 10:19 AM)idahosubaru Wrote: Good to know. I think it will be lovely! Will it have milgrain around the stone?

Thanks so much. I'm not planning to do milgraining at this time...but, who knows, may add it later Smile