2mm Eternity
[-]
  •
11-23-2012, 03:19 PM,
2mm Eternity
It's here, it's here! I no longer have to battle my 11-stone anniversary ring being upside down. Yay! I now have 28 stones and this thing can spin all it wants without making me swear.

I got this stock setting: http://www.uniquesettings.com/products/show/24687 in a size 6.5, and then Amcor shaved out a little bit of the inside all the way around to make it a size 6.75 and to lower the already-low profile a bit more.

Part of my goal in getting the lowest possible profile is so that it blends into my stack nicely, of course. But another part is that this will be a nice compliment to one of Poppy's "Incredibles" with an OEC when the day comes. That's a dainty setting and one of my pet peeves is when a w-band sits higher than an e-ring. I'm always thinkin' girls. *finger tapping on temple* Smile

Although they're not really necessary because you all know what a 2mm round eternity band looks like, pictures are fun, so here you go. We got our first coating of snow overnight, so you get the first pictures of this year's winter yard and my gnarly winter hands.

Looks the same as my old one when that one was neatly aligned top-up.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

But now it doesn't need to be neatly aligned.

The under side, just as you'd expect.

The low-low profile.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-23-2012, 04:15 PM,
RE: 2mm Eternity
Congrats Hadley!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love your whole set!!!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-23-2012, 05:33 PM,
I love it!!!! You have one of my favourite stacks! I am sure I am just seeing things, but this eternity band looks a bit brighter than your 11 stone.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-23-2012, 06:34 PM,
It is perfect! I love it, Hadley. I'm always thinking ahead too. When are you planning on an OEC?

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-23-2012, 07:23 PM,
i absolutely adore it!!

[-]
  •
11-24-2012, 02:36 AM,
(11-23-2012, 05:33 PM)jenncent Wrote: I am sure I am just seeing things, but this eternity band looks a bit brighter than your 11 stone.

You are not seeing things. You have a very good eye, even through my mediocre idiot camera. This one *is* brighter than my old one. The stones are also ever-so-slightly larger in this one, even though they are both considered 2mm.

I assume that the difference in stone whiteness is simply due to my 11-stone being so old. In the years that have passed, Moissy has definitely improved, even in the tiny unenhanced stones. And it may be a difference in vendor quality, as well. I'm totally loving the upgrade I got with this.

I will maybe take some side-by-side photos of the two together for you on a day when I'm functioning better. Right now I can't walk a straight line emotionally because we just had to put our cat down. I'm so very, very sad and temporarily paralyzed.

(11-23-2012, 06:34 PM)MrsK Wrote: When are you planning on an OEC?

I am planning nothing. Angel I usually get one jewelry item every couple of years and now I just got two rings in two months!!! I need to simmer my bad self down a bit. But one day I'll just up and shock you. Maybe in a month (if I need angry jewelry again -- HA!) or maybe in a much more reasonable year. I need a 7.5mm, an Amora-ized J color, a small culet, and a hot pre-owned discount. That's a tall order for the Universe to fill, huh? Time will tell.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
11-24-2012, 05:38 AM,
Just wait til your hubby messes up badly again Hadley, them bam! Get the OEC.

[-]
  •
11-24-2012, 05:39 AM,
Oh, and I love the stack! The eternity is gorgeous! I have a few surprises up my sleeve, but they are not here yet so...

[-] The following 1 user Likes Olivejuice's post:
  • Anxiouslywaiting
11-24-2012, 07:40 AM,
Love it, glad you angry shopped - Smile
I'm going to go pick a fight now...

[-]
  •
11-24-2012, 10:15 AM,
(11-24-2012, 07:40 AM)Olivejuice Wrote: Love it, glad you angry shopped - Smile
I'm going to go pick a fight now...

Rofl

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.