3/4 eternity vs full eternity band
[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 10:24 PM,
3/4 eternity vs full eternity band
What is the advantage of going 3/4 instead of full eternity? I am considering the low profile 2mm eternity band to go with the 3 stone moissy ring I ordered. Besides avoiding the stones on the underside getting banged up, is there any advantage to opting for 3/4 eternity?

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 10:30 PM,
RE: 3/4 eternity vs full eternity band
Sizing?

Keen to hear others' respsonses on this. I think RSS said that DK said her eternity could be resized but i had thought eternities aren't - i'd love to know the difference.

[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 11:19 PM,
It's my understanding that its easier to size down than up, and it's dependent on what type of setting/how much sizing needs to happen

[-] The following 1 user Likes dreamingofbling's post:
  • Dragonfly
05-22-2013, 11:20 PM,
I prefer 3/4 purely because I hate feeling the stones on my palm. My 3/4 eternity never spun and it felt more comfortable to wear.

With my new set I won't be buying another full eternity, I feel like its such a waste of money for stones you don't see.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • WishingAndHoping
05-22-2013, 11:42 PM,
I looove my eternity. Like slobber on it love. My previous anniversary band needed to be righted every 15 minutes. No kidding, that's like 60 times a day. My eternity band has changed my life. Hahaha! It's not as great as my IUD that took away my periods, but it's pretty dang great.

That said, if your rings don't spin, the 3/4 makes more sense so that those palm-based stones aren't there to take a beating. It would just be more practical. I am a loose ring person because any constriction drives me nuts, so that's why my non-eternity made me so very Curse.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
05-23-2013, 02:31 AM,
There's always the option to buy a cheap eternity off berricle and see how comfortable you find a full eternity.

[-]
  •
05-23-2013, 05:55 AM,
Thanks ladies! hhhhhhmmm.......lots to chew on, now.

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
05-23-2013, 07:10 AM,
I had the 2mm low profile band and opted for 3/4. I think it's good to have that little space that won't get banged up, as well as for sizing if ever needed. I'd go for 3/4.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
05-23-2013, 08:07 AM,
(05-23-2013, 07:10 AM)MrsK Wrote: I had the 2mm low profile band and opted for 3/4. I think it's good to have that little space that won't get banged up, as well as for sizing if ever needed. I'd go for 3/4.

I agree with MrsK. My e-ring is an eternity band and I have had many issues with stones falling out and me banging my hand and not realizing it. I work on the computer all day and just using the mouse will cause wear to the setting all the time. I have a few other melee eternity bands and have had similar issues as well, but it happens. In all future rings, I'm either doing plain shanks, half or 3/4s. This will definitely be good for sizing purposes and if you ever want to resell in the future Smile

[-]
  •
05-23-2013, 08:39 AM,
I have a qualified love for my eternity bands, LOL. I have two that are both channel-set, so they're pretty secure, and I love that I never have to fix them/turn them/whatever.

I think for a prong-set eternity, I'd be more worried about stones falling out. I haven't owned a 3/4 one, but it might not be a bad idea if you want to do a prong setting or pave.