3 Stone Octagon - In The Works!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes JooJooBee4's post:
  • Mamacass77
05-22-2013, 05:49 PM,
3 Stone Octagon - In The Works!!
I have been lusting over this ring on 1stDibs! I am thinking of remaking something similar, but am having trouble deciding on stone size, type and color of gold. I would most likely change the gallery detail up. I wanted to include my initials in the gallery + my DH's + my pups (I love them that much). I would probably do something more floraly on the band or perhaps throw some french/princess cuts on the band.

The photos have 1.30 carats each of diamonds in a size 5.75. I was thinking of doing 6mm (0.75 carats) each for my 4.75 finger, but now I'm not so sure and think I might want to go bigger.

The second decision is the stone type. I think OECs would look amazing and have seen a few rings on PS that have OECs in it, but I have recently been loving rose cuts. The problem is I have never seen a rose cut moissy or diamond in person, but I know they add to that the antique feel which I love!

The third is what to cast in white gold or rose gold. Decisions decisions! Any input or ideas that you have will be appreciated Smile

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 05:55 PM,
RE: 3 Stone Octagon - Help!
Oh my goodness, that is so so beautiful!!! <3 I strongly vote for rose gold.

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 05:56 PM,
I vote oecs! I think rose cuts are flat looking - but that's my preference. Go 1 carat each!

[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 05:56 PM,
I love OEC facets next to each other. Ask Lori about all things octagon.

I want that lady's hands!!!

[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 05:57 PM,
Rose cuts in rose gold would be amazing! I like the idea of changing the gallery up, I'm not loving that gallery. Size wise I think 6mm is the biggest rose cuts go, or at least that's the biggest I have seen in moissy. That would make for a unique ring, a little different from all the oecs around at the moment.

[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 05:57 PM,
I say OECs and WG.... not sure rose cuts lend to the sharp lines of the octagon...kwim?

Also re: size... you like big, so I think 6mm will be pretty big for your size.

[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 06:51 PM,
I say OECs and WG also. You like the look of the ring how it is and it won't look the same with rose cuts. It is beautiful from the top but I am not fond of that gallery. Very busy.

[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 06:55 PM,
I'm in the minority, I like the gallery Blush

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 06:57 PM,
THAT BRACELET! OMG!!

[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 07:15 PM,
I like the OECs too, with white metal. and I think 6mm will be huge on you. The hand shot you posted, I don't know how she could wear any bigger. And with a smaller finger, I don't know how you will wear any bigger. *maybe* 6.5mm but if it is wider than your finger, it will not be as pretty I don't think.

The rose cuts would have to be foiled or you would be looking through them to your finger. Would you like that?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website