3 stone project
[-]
  •
04-21-2014, 06:34 PM,
3 stone project
My diamond has been sitting in a box for what feels like FOREVER.. And with a bub I the way I want to get my reset over and done with! I have been toying with plain pave bands but I always worry about the aftercare and how delicate they are. Plus I have always wanted to wear my original ering (thin platinum band) as a wedding ring - just have the prongs removed.

Hubby and I sat down last night and I am looking at ring styles I hadn't considered before and emailed DK this morning. He is working on a quote for me and will draw up some CAD's.

The inspiration piece :
(This is a 1.55ct cushion mine is only 1.01 and this one had 0.4ct pears I think I will go with 0.3) :
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I found a photo with a cushion almost identical in dimensions to mine but it's with 0.2ct pears which I don't like and the prongs are too chunky but to give me an idea of sizings and finger coverage :

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Best of all I can wear this with my plain sentimental band.

Can't wait to see CAD's !

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-21-2014, 06:50 PM,
RE: 3 stone project
Pretty inspirations! I think the sides would be pretty at .30.

[-]
  •
04-21-2014, 07:10 PM,
I like the inspiration ring look better. I'm excited for you!

[-]
  •
04-21-2014, 07:33 PM,
Love that first one you posted!!! It looks amazing! Do that. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-21-2014, 07:42 PM,
Pretty! I like #1 too! I love three stones!!!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Bling It On's post:
  • Frosty
04-21-2014, 08:05 PM,
@Frosty - I am going to stalk this thread and follow your progress as DK is making me a 3 stone ring with cushion centre too!! I love your inspiration piece with the pear sides, I think it will look close to the proportions of the ring in the pics if you have a 1ct centre and 0.30ct sidestones.
So feminine and pretty!!
I'm using round sides but am tossing up between 4.5mm pink moissys or 4.5mm diamonds. Not sure what I'm going with yet.
Cant wait to see the CADs

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
04-21-2014, 08:39 PM,
# 1 is definitely what I am going for - #2 was just I dunno.. out of proportion and not right. I don't much like H&A cushions either. Die hard crushed ice fan over here but it was good to see that the finger coverage would still be good with my size diamond. #2 is a stock BGD setting.

I am soooo excited. Can't wait to see how it will all turn out and just so bloody happy to have finally made up my mind!! This ring saga has gone on TOO LONG.
It will have to be set here in Aus so hopefully they can get the claws right.

[-]
  •
04-21-2014, 08:41 PM,
(04-21-2014, 08:05 PM)Bling It On Wrote: @Frosty - I am going to stalk this thread and follow your progress as DK is making me a 3 stone ring with cushion centre too!! I love your inspiration piece with the pear sides, I think it will look close to the proportions of the ring in the pics if you have a 1ct centre and 0.30ct sidestones.
So feminine and pretty!!
I'm using round sides but am tossing up between 4.5mm pink moissys or 4.5mm diamonds. Not sure what I'm going with yet.
Cant wait to see the CADs

Oooh! do you have cad's yet for yours? All rounds? What size cushion centre? Tell me MOOREEEE!! Popcorn

[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • Frosty
04-21-2014, 08:47 PM,
I really like #1!

[-]
  •
04-21-2014, 08:56 PM,
I think 0.3 would be perfect Smile