3 stone ring proportions for size 4.75 finger?
[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 06:32 AM,
3 stone ring proportions for size 4.75 finger?
Hi lovely ladies,

I've been thinking about a 3 stone ring project lately and want to get your opinions about the size of stones I could go with.

I was thinking 7mm centre and either 4mm or 4.5mm side stones - do you think my size 4.5 finger could pull this off? I measured my finger across and it seems like 16mm is the max distance across my ring finger so I dont know if this size combination would work. I am not keen on having a ring that is so wide that I cant really close my fingers together when I'm wearing it.

Can anyone with fingers in the size range 4.5 to 5.5 comment on what 3 stone size combination has worked for you in the past?
(@ JooJooBee4 - you have the same size fingers as me, have you had any simple 3 stones without halos that would help me figure out if the 7mm/4.5mm combination would work?)

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JooJooBee4's post:
  • diamonds247
04-07-2014, 06:56 AM,
RE: 3 stone ring proportions for size 4.75 finger?
Yep! I'm either a 4.5 or 4.75 depends if I want to stack or not!

Here is a three stone that I had with a 7.5MM center and 5MM. This was a good everyday size and great coverage, but it didn't give me enough bling that I had wanted. I tend to be a larger stone gal as you know Wink
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Here is 5.8ish ruby center with small heart diamond sides. It was SO beautiful though! This was a cute dainty ring, but way to small for my taste, which is why I'm remaking it with an 11MM cushion center and 5MM sides.. Haha I AM CRAZY! @MrsK is actually selling this setting on DB right now with a black diamond in it for a steal so if you're liking this size I would snap it up!

Here is my D&L OEC three stone all 6MMs. This is the perfect amount of bling for me. It is most likely over the top for a lot of people, but it's just perfect for crazy me! The wall of sparkle fits perfectly and comfortably across my fingers.

[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 07:16 AM,
WOWEEEE, all of those rings are amazing! I covet everything you have @ JooJooBee4!! I've seen the 3 stone OEC on another thread but never get tired of watching videos of gorgeous sparklies. In terms of personal style, the first ring you posted pics of is similar to the proportions of what I was thinking and it looks great on your hand!! Who made the ring and do you mind if see the side profile?
I love the colour of the ruby in the second ring, but yes you are right, its a tad small (even for me!!)
Of course my favourite is your D&L OEC ring - its truly amazing! only problem is: I could never pull this off!! I need the 3 stone for everyday comfortable wear

[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 07:23 AM,
I actually do not have the first 3 stone anymore so I will have to search to see if I took any side profile pics, but it was pretty lowset! If I remember correctly, it was a setting from @poppyseed so I would reach out to her Smile

[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 07:26 AM,
Here we go! Sorry these are huge.. LOL

[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 07:27 AM,
@ JooJooBee4 - dont worry about scouring your old pics for side profile photos of the 3 stone. I just wanted to see if those side stones would provide the coverage I wanted without being too big. From the pics of the first ring you posted, it looks like this size combination would work well for me.. Thanks!!

[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 07:33 AM,
ok - thats beautiful!! I really have to get this ring now. haha, that was the quickest ring decision I've made in a long time!! It really did look fab on your hand. What were the stones??

[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 07:42 AM,
Thank you! They were OECs I believe sourced from Poppy too (7.5MM and 5MM sides!)

[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 08:17 AM,
I'm a 4.75 - 5 (though I like a floppy look so I tend to buy bigger) and I have a 3 stone with the same proportions as @JooJooBee - 7.5/5 and it really is a great everyday look for my hand, which is overall small (baby hands!) rather than having long thin fingers (I wish!)

[-]
  •
04-07-2014, 10:45 AM,
I have that same ring with round brilliants. My center is 7.5 mm and sides are 6 mm. I love the coverage and love the balanced look of the stones. I'm a 5 1/2 and can post some pictures later if you like.