Poll: Should I go with a four stone band instead of a five stone?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

4 stone or 5 stone anniversary band?
[-]
  •
09-05-2014, 07:53 AM,
4 stone or 5 stone anniversary band?
Hi ladies,

So last week I ordered a 1.00 ctw diamond band from Whiteflash but have since cancelled the order due to changing my mind about the setting. (How did we know THAT was going to happen?!?)

So now I am working with DK to come up with something a little more suited to me for my diamond wedding band. I have been hanging out on Pricescope and I love the blingy look that you can only get from a 5 stone, but I really do not care for the look where some 5 stones have diamonds that spill over the edge of the finger and look like they rub on other fingers. It also stops the wearer from fully closing their hands.

I was contemplating getting DK to make 5*25 pointers in a narrow trellis 5 stone setting, but I fear this might be still a tad too wide and create some diamond finger spillage. I then had the idea that maybe I could do a 4 stone ring with bigger diamonds at 30 pointers each (and that would still be less wide than 5*25 pointers.) Also there is a significance of having 4 diamonds as this is how many special people make up my family (and we have decided that its going to stay that way too - no more kiddies for us!)

So my question is: do you think a 4 stone diamond band is ODD? Would you wear one? They are incredibly uncommon to see on hands. Would you prefer 4 bigger diamonds at 30 or 35 points each or do you prefer the larger finger coverage of 5*25 pointers?

Example of 4 stone ring versus my ideal 5 stone trellis design

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Mods: I would like to add a poll "Do you think I should go with a 4 stone diamond band instead of 5 stone?" YES/NO (I accidentally hit enter when creating the new thread without adding a poll.)

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-05-2014, 08:22 AM,
RE: 4 stone or 5 stone anniversary band?
Fixed for you and I'll be the first to vote. I like odd numbers of stones. The exact symmetry of even numbers bugs me out. I'd rather have smaller stones and an odd number.

[-]
  •
09-05-2014, 08:23 AM,
(09-05-2014, 08:22 AM)stardust Wrote: Fixed for you and I'll be the first to vote. I like odd numbers of stones. The exact symmetry of even numbers bugs me out. I'd rather have smaller stones and an odd number.

+1 for me. love the odd number look too

[-]
  •
09-05-2014, 08:36 AM,
I vote 5 stone too Smile

[-]
  •
09-05-2014, 08:59 AM,
I think it depends on if you are pairing it with another ring and what that ring looks like.

I also think instead of thinking about # of stones - think about the look you want. You want diamonds going across your finger, but not down the sides. About how wide? Maybe it's five .25 ptrs ... maybe it's four .30 ptrs ... maybe it's six .20 ptrs. I think it really depends on the look you want.

When I get a few mins, I will post pics of my four stone .25 ptr band for you on a size 7 finger. Wink

[-]
  •
09-05-2014, 09:05 AM,
Sadly, I am not a big fan of the 4 stone! I would go with smaller stones for a five stone to the get the same coverage as you would with 4 bigger ones! With my blue five stone moissy ring, 25 pointers were just a hush to big for comfort. My former AV band they were all around 21-23 pointers and it was the perfect 'top' coverage I was looking for! I would go trellis + 21-23 pointer (since we're similar ring size!) to get the coverage you're looking for Wink

[-]
  •
09-05-2014, 09:05 AM,
I like the 5 stone much better, too. Smile

[-]
  •
09-05-2014, 09:15 AM,
I voted no to the four stone. I think the five stone just looks more 'right'. I would also prefer to go smaller than to have four large stones.

[-]
  •
09-05-2014, 10:06 AM,
@SparkleFactor - ok great, I would love to see a pic. I understand that nearly everyone thinks 4 stones is odd and doesn't look ''right' but why doesn't it? I need to see a 4 stone ring on hand. So glad you could help me with this! 4x0.25 cts is perfect. Lemme see!

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
09-05-2014, 10:07 AM,
(09-05-2014, 08:22 AM)stardust Wrote: Fixed for you and I'll be the first to vote. I like odd numbers of stones. The exact symmetry of even numbers bugs me out. I'd rather have smaller stones and an odd number.

me too.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website