5 stone VS eternity?
[-]
  •
02-27-2014, 11:20 PM,
5 stone VS eternity?
GAHHH when I'm told I can buy sparklies, I'm not feeling like I want to buy anything. Then when it's crazy saving for house time, I instantly need to buy this and this and this.. Toofunny

So, I figure it's just time to plan my next sparkly, and am finding myself missing my blingy 5 stone! But this time around, I'm wondering, would I like an eternity band more?

Figured I'd ask you all, see if anyone had experience with both, or one kind and would list some pros and cons.

I'll start, even though I've had both they're totally different than each other. My 2 rose gold eternities are super skinny, and I don't worry about scratching/chipping/losing a stone since it would be cheap to replace. I do like not having to worry about spinning, and they're comfy. I've also had a 5 stone, I believe it was a bit over 1.6cts total, and WHEW it was blingy! I think I posted a pic in here of all 3 of them together. (I've since sold the 5 stone in a jewelry box clear out for added house funds, boo.) Now I want a big CHUNK of sparkle, and can't decide between 5 stone or eternity Dizzy

So, thoughts? Pros cons of each?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-28-2014, 07:51 AM,
RE: 5 stone VS eternity?
I have both!! If I had to pick one I would prefer an eternity only for spinning purposes. My five stone is pretty low profile so it sits nicely next to my e-ring. There is some spinning, but I'm used to that with all my rings especially the top-heavier ones that it's just a habit for my to push it back with my thumb. My eternities are also low profile so it sit nicely AND is a wall of sparkle. Obviously cost is going to be higher on an eternity. Both look good when stacked Wink

I guess it comes down to how much you want to spend and if you can deal with the spinning Smile I would just make sure you get a good setting if you want to use it for stacking purposes. OH one more thing because you have a small ring size if you get bigger stones they will naturally curve around to avoid missing sparkle on the top of your finger. You could always do 7 or 9 if you wanted to keep costs down and not worry as much about spinning too!

Personally, I love the variety of both!!!!!!!!

Five Stone:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Eternity:

[-]
  •
02-28-2014, 01:04 PM,
I've had a 5 stone before and I loved it. It was 1ctw and definitely substantial enough to wear alone. I haven't had an eternity before but I'd like one.

[-]
  •
02-28-2014, 01:20 PM,
JooJoo...what is the specs of the 5 stone again?

Can it stack well?? Sure looks like it!!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-28-2014, 01:25 PM,
@kangaroocrazy the five stone is 25 pointers of AVC and AVRs! Yep it's a great stacking band.. I stack it with my eternities like below!

[-]
  •
02-28-2014, 01:29 PM,
The small finger thing really is a blessing when it comes to easy finger coverage! My last 5 stone was 1.5ct, and each stone was about .3ct and it looked like a wall of bling/eternity for me! I'm the kind of person although I have a desk job and am light on wear, I do wear rings all the time, so maybe a big chunky 5 stone would be a better idea for hauling in groceries, playing with doggy, washing my face.. :p.

[-]
  •
02-28-2014, 01:31 PM,
Yep!! If you never really like to take off your rings either then I think a five stone is a good option for you. Plus when you start getting big and blingy eternity bands, they are not only expensive to start off, but if you lose a stone it's costly as well Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • stardust
02-28-2014, 01:59 PM,
@SparkleDancer - I am the last woman on the planet who should be wearing an eternity with 5 kids and a dog. Plus I'm a ridiculous klutz and I don't like to take my rings off. BUT, I prefer the look of the uninterrupted blingy deliciousness. I would be scared to do a big diamond eternity, though, for the reasons JooJoo stated.

My vote would be for big moissy eternity (cheap to replace stones) or a big diamond 5-7 stone.

[-]
  •
02-28-2014, 02:10 PM,
(02-28-2014, 01:59 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: @SparkleDancer - I am the last woman on the planet who should be wearing an eternity with 5 kids and a dog. Plus I'm a ridiculous klutz and I don't like to take my rings off. BUT, I prefer the look of the uninterrupted blingy deliciousness. I would be scared to do a big diamond eternity, though, for the reasons JooJoo stated.

My vote would be for big moissy eternity (cheap to replace stones) or a big diamond 5-7 stone.

I'm with this lady.

[-]
  •
02-28-2014, 02:17 PM,
I have tried 5 stones...and I wish that would make me happy.

But I have come to the realization...I just HAVE to save and get the full eternity.

I hate spinning...and I love love love to see the stones all the way under and around.

And this is coming from a farm girl...who shouldnt.

Visit this user's website