5mm earrings, classic vs FB vs Forever one?
[-]
  •
09-02-2015, 07:39 PM,
5mm earrings, classic vs FB vs Forever one?
Dear all,

I am new to moissanite. Just wonder, for a pair of 5mm studs (1ct total), should I get classic or FB or wait for the forever one? (I am getting it in pt setting, classic is around 400 bucks and FB is around 500 bucks)

Also, does anyone happen to know any places in New Jersey that have moissanite stone in store so I can take a look before purchase?

Thank you! Wink
Wendy

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-02-2015, 07:47 PM,
RE: 5mm earrings, classic vs FB vs Forever one?
I would probably just get some hand picked stones from a great vendor that will screem for colour and match the cuts, and save the monies. I may go for FB if I was buying online, but I would not wait for Forever One.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
09-02-2015, 08:06 PM,
I have 5.5mm ooooold stock moissy, and while they are warmer they aren't yellow or anything, and one has a slight greenish tinge when it's overcast outside. That doesn't bother me nearly as much as the cut not matching on the stones. Have someone hand select and match the stones to each other like jcent said.

I'm out west, so no help for jewelers in NJ, sorry! As far as FB or FO or classic goes, I'd save my $ and go with classic hand-picked stones. FO likely won't be under 6.5mm any time soon.

Good luck, and post pictures when you get your earrings!

[-] The following 1 user Likes slammerkin's post:
  • stardust
09-02-2015, 08:31 PM,
The Charles and Colvard site has a locator to find stores near you.

I would also not get FB. I just got a five stone ring with 4mm stones and they look perfectly white.

[-]
  •
09-02-2015, 09:30 PM,
These are newer stock unenhanced, and they are gorgeous.

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Per...issy-studs

[-]
  •
09-02-2015, 10:20 PM,
Thank you for your reply!

"hand picked stones from a great vendor"

Do you mean local vendors/jewelers or online big companies? If possible, can you recommend some good online vendors? I just did some homework. It seems moissyco, moissy, schubach, moissybridal all offer a great selection, but I am not sure if they will hand pick every stone...

(09-02-2015, 07:47 PM)jenncent Wrote: I would probably just get some hand picked stones from a great vendor that will screem for colour and match the cuts, and save the monies. I may go for FB if I was buying online, but I would not wait for Forever One.

[-]
  •
09-02-2015, 10:30 PM,
Great to know! I will save the $ and get the classic. Nyanya

(09-02-2015, 08:06 PM)MissCassie Wrote: I have 5.5mm ooooold stock moissy, and while they are warmer they aren't yellow or anything, and one has a slight greenish tinge when it's overcast outside. That doesn't bother me nearly as much as the cut not matching on the stones. Have someone hand select and match the stones to each other like jcent said.

I'm out west, so no help for jewelers in NJ, sorry! As far as FB or FO or classic goes, I'd save my $ and go with classic hand-picked stones. FO likely won't be under 6.5mm any time soon.

Good luck, and post pictures when you get your earrings!

[-]
  •
09-02-2015, 10:32 PM,
Just looked. Will call the store near Princeton to see if they still offer moissy.

Thank you

(09-02-2015, 08:31 PM)slammerkin Wrote: The Charles and Colvard site has a locator to find stores near you.

I would also not get FB. I just got a five stone ring with 4mm stones and they look perfectly white.

[-]
  •
09-02-2015, 10:35 PM,
They are very pretty!

Just wonder how to check if the store offer new rough stone or the old stones? I looked through different webs and didn't notice they mentioned it? Do I have to specially contact the online vendors and ask for newer stock?

(09-02-2015, 09:30 PM)stardust Wrote: These are newer stock unenhanced, and they are gorgeous.

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Per...issy-studs

[-]
  •
09-02-2015, 11:04 PM,
You would want a vendor that either moves a lot of moissanite each month, so they always get new stock in, or one that orders in stones for each order.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website