7.5 mm unenhanced RB moissanite?
[-]
  •
01-05-2013, 11:01 AM,
7.5 mm unenhanced RB moissanite?
My mom is engaged! He proposed on Christmas morning but she didn't really care for the ring. Luckily he didn't mind, just wants her to be happy, so I've been helping her look. She's interested in this ring from MoissyCo:

http://www.moissaniteco.com/round-moissa...15381.html

Does anyone have/know of someone else who has an unenhanced 7.5 mm round brilliant? Since I was the one who told my mom about moissy I'll feel really bad if it turns out to be too yellow/green/gray in person. I haven't had a moissy that big, and the 6.5mm unenhanced RB I had I didn't care for (but it was older stock, dunno how they are looking these days.)

Thanks for the help!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-05-2013, 11:11 AM,
RE: 7.5 mm unenhanced RB moissanite?
I would get enhanced, she will wear it forever - it's worth the extra couple hundred bucks.

[-]
  •
01-05-2013, 11:27 AM,
That's a pretty setting.

I *think* she might be okay with unenhanced at that size, but to eliminate any concern, it's probably best to go with enhanced. That way you know the green won't be there and the stone will definitely be whiter.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
01-05-2013, 11:38 AM,
Do you think MoissyCo will let her trade up for enhanced even though it's a sale item? I think she should go enhanced too.

[-]
  •
01-05-2013, 11:43 AM,
They might. I would email and ask.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
01-05-2013, 12:37 PM,
Hadley has unenhanced. There are lots of pics here. She prefers the amora though.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-05-2013, 01:11 PM,
Yes, Hadley can help! I hope, anyway.

Here's a money shot of my 7.5mm RB unenhanced.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Here it is next to other stones for comparison. NOTE: I don't know what it is about the Amora, but like others, I find it impossible to photograph. It gets kind of dull or plastic looking. But I assure you it is not like that in real life at all. It is just as clear and crisp, and just as sparkly, as my unenhanced. The only difference between the standard and the Amora is that the Amora is consistently whiter.

Unfortunately, the fact that the Amora is consistently whiter is something that's hard to capture in a photo. Grrrrr. Sorry these all look so much the same, or that their differences are inconsistent. Even so, I hope they'll give you something to work with.

Outdoors, sun. The unenhanced is the wide setting, the Amora is the thinner setting.

Outdoors, shade. Same settings.

Indoors, incandescent bulbs. Same settings.

Indoors, flourescent bulbs. Same settings.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
01-05-2013, 01:14 PM,
Hadley, in that last photo, you can see how much depth the Amora has. It looks a lot more diamond like there.

[-]
  •
01-05-2013, 01:19 PM,
Here are three additional shots from when I first got my Amora. NOTE: In these three photos, the thinner setting holds the unenhanced and the Amora is the loose stone. (If you don't know... Amora was first called Mira, hence the Mira label on these.)

This one shows the single biggest benefit of Amora, by leaps and bounds. This is when the sky is a yukky overcast, which can be deadly to unenhanced Moissy. This "snotcast" as I dubbed it, was always the thing that held me back from loving my unenhanced. The Amora has completely done away with that, and in fact it often looks its whitest and glowy-est when the sky is gloomy.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
01-05-2013, 01:26 PM,
OOOoooh that last picture shows the best difference, Amora is white and un-enhanced is a teeny bit minty. Love those pics!