9mm Asha OEC
[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 08:04 PM,
9mm Asha OEC
I got my 9mm Asha OEC yesterday. I snapped some quick pics and videos last night before I shipped it off to Erica today. This will be going into a Platinum JbEG Bella halo setting. Big Grin YAY!

Videos and photos were taken next to my H/I VS OEC diamond for comparison as I intend to wear the twin ring as a RHR to Bella.

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
Video 4
Video 5

I had a hard time photographing it as I was being rushed by my hungry husband.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

After having all those OEC moissy's (10mm, 7mm, 5mm unenhanced and the 9mm, 7.5mm Amora OEC), I can honestly say that even without them side by side, the moissy has a lot more depth and was a little more crisp.

However, the Asha's performance/behavior is superior imo. Much more diamond-like. Maybe I got spoiled with my twin ring because the diamond is so clean and so white.

I didn't mind the color of the unenhanced moissy so much as most antique stones are in that cape color range. I will note that between unenhanced and amora, I would stick with unenhanced. The difference in color between the stones was negligible and not worth the extra money. I am, however, interested in seeing an FB OEC as they do appear to be whiter than the Amoras.

The reason I chose an Asha for the Bella is because I am hyper color-sensitive. I know the color clash between the halo stones and the moissy would kill me. My mom has a J oval diamond in a F/G halo setting and I can't stand the color clash. The ring is unbelievably beautiful, but the color difference is too much for me to handle.

I do intend on upgrading to an AG OEC when the time comes, but for now I think I'll be more than satisfied with the Asha.

However, If/when I get a 3-stone OEC ring, I'll go for moissy's.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 08:11 PM,
RE: 9mm Asha OEC
When will your new ring be done? Smile I think going with the Asha was a smart choice, especially since you plan to switch it out for an AG. I understand the need to have the halo stones match the center stone better. I really dislike wearing my G/H colored band when I wear an unenhanced moissy. It just bugs me.

[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 08:11 PM,
That is a really beautiful stone Lorrissey!! It looks like it has some depth in the pics, and it looks really lively.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 08:13 PM,
That's a beautiful stone.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 08:15 PM,
ah I didn't read it properly I thought it was a Moissy!! I was going to say that it looks more diamond like than the others I have seen... I realized when I read your entire first post that is what you were saying.

[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 08:25 PM,
yeah, I had to edit the post a couple of times... was thinking faster than I could type tonight. ha.

Ginger, the ring is being sized and the stone is being set next week. So... 2-3 weeks. I'm really excited, but somehow so calm about the whole thing.

I think that's a good sign for this finally being "The One!" I'm incredibly calm, not anxious and more than anything, I have stopped looking. Sure I'm still enjoying all the sparkle talk and stuff posted on the boards, but I'm not thinking "omg, I want that instead" or "i have to have that" or scheming up some way to get another ring. I'm like super zen just waiting for Bella to arrive at my doorstep.

[-]
  •
10-09-2012, 08:30 PM,
That is a good sign for sure Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
10-17-2012, 05:22 PM,
I just called and yelled at PayPal and they released my money! So I'm hoping I get the Bella next week!!!!!!!!

Ok, now I'm anxious and excited!

[-]
  •
10-17-2012, 05:32 PM,
haha, good for you!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lorrissey's post:
  • Anxiouslywaiting
10-18-2012, 03:51 PM,
Erica just confirmed. I will have Bella on my hand by the end of next week!!!!! She's shipping early next week!

Ok... now I'm freaking out with anticipation and excitement!