9mm ruby solitaire
[-] The following 3 users Like Hadley's post:
  • Dancer, MicheleZ, moissypaws
02-07-2014, 09:04 PM,
9mm ruby solitaire
Lucky me! It's my turn to have the circulating ruby solitaire!

I bought this from @idahosubaru, who bought it from @KendaKarats, who bought it from I-don't-know-who. Kenda, can you fill in the blank for us?

This is a 9mm lab ruby in yellow gold. It seems no one is sure what the origins of the stone and setting are. All we know is it is *not* a BTD stone and it's a custom setting. How's that for vague? If anyone can fill in something of its history, I would love to know.

Here's a storm of photos for you. Some are close up and some are perspectives to give you the whole idea. You only get two outside in the sun. Listen to me, the windchill today was -20ºF (that's -29ºC for our non US friends). Although I'm unfazed by winter and the cold, -20º is too chilly to be fiddling around with metal without mittens, even for me. Wink

Here's your limited sunshine glory (sorry about the lint, I didn't realize that).

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

There is no pink in this stone, period. LOVE IT! This dark, earthy, rich hue is totally "me." In person it's a dead ringer for the rubies in my Hockey Rink ring. But in macro here, I can see that it's a teeny bit warmer.

Now we're indoors, thankyouverymuch. This will be a RHR for me.

With my hammered band and twist band.

With my 2mm Moissy eternities.

With my mom's original wedding band.

A gratuitous shot of mom's band, just because the date inside is showing and that makes me smile (we just had their 50th party a couple weeks ago!).

And what's gratuitous without more gratuitous for good measure? While I had all of my rings out at once, I took a family photo. Oh dear, I think I may have a problem!!!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 09:12 PM,
RE: 9mm ruby solitaire
Very pretty! I think it looks perfect on you as a RHR. I love rubies in yellow gold. I have an oval shaped ruby that I plan on setting in yellow sometime in the future.

Great photos, as always.... But that last photo. Drool

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 09:14 PM,
Congrats! Yay! And the family photo....wow Drool

[-] The following 1 user Likes idahosubaru's post:
  • Hadley
02-07-2014, 09:16 PM,
OMG it is gorgeous on you! I am so glad you have it and you are right it is totally you!!!! Heart

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 09:29 PM,
What a beautifully arranged family photo! Yummy textural warmth - love it all. Your Mom's band is really a show stopper.

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 09:46 PM,
This looks so perfect on you!!! I think it has found it's forever home. Heart

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 09:47 PM,
Nice collection!

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 10:01 PM,
That is a beautiful ruby in yellow gold. Your collection is fantastic. Please tell me where I can buy those twist bands. Love them.

[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 10:18 PM,
Thank you all for your kind words. It's nice of you to be polite and not whip out words like "crazy" when you saw my collection photo. Crackup

(02-07-2014, 09:46 PM)jenncent Wrote: I think it has found it's forever home.

I tend to be a "never say forever" girl. There's always room to evolve with jewelry. Wink But I gotta say, this suits me well and I'm gonna wear the shit out of it!

(02-07-2014, 10:01 PM)Barlan Wrote: Please tell me where I can buy those twist bands. Love them.

I got my twist band from Kyle Ann Metals on etsy. It is 2mm, in 14K yellow gold. Her prices are reasonable, her quality is high, and this band has held up beautifully in the few years I've worn it. I would buy from her again in a heartbeat.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
02-07-2014, 10:22 PM,
Oh Hadley, that's so pretty! I love the family photo too Smile That ruby looks so pretty with your skin.