A colored stone "under" your main one?
[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 11:14 AM,
A colored stone "under" your main one?
Has anyone tried this? To put a tiny colored stone in a setting under your regular stone in a setting??

@jenncent did you ever try this with pink??

I was wondering if I set a pink stone under a unenhanced oec if it would look pink?

Thanks girls!

Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 11:37 AM,
RE: A colored stone "under" your main one?
@jenncent had or has a pink diamond in her Ella Bella setting under the stone. I am pretty sure she said it didn't really change the color of the OEC she had in there.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 11:37 AM,
Can to you test this out with a loose stone perhaps? I imagine if the culet is large enough, the kozibe will reflect that color but I don't know for sure. I might be able to test it out tonight for you when I get home. I have some loose OECs and colored stones.

[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 02:15 PM,
Yes, I have a pink diamond there. It dod nothing to change the OEC or now, the ACC moissy, but it is pretty for me.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 02:24 PM,
Thanks girls!! poo on it not working!! lol

That would be awesome @SparkleFactor if you tried it!!

[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 02:26 PM,
I actually like that it keeps my stone the same. My new ring will have one too, but I want to keep my diamond white. It is just a little flash of pink when you look through the culet.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 02:50 PM,
(07-18-2014, 02:26 PM)jenncent Wrote: I actually like that it keeps my stone the same. My new ring will have one too, but I want to keep my diamond white. It is just a little flash of pink when you look through the culet.

But doesn't the culet reflect up and around inside the stone what appears below it (kozibe effect) if it's open enough? I could see a smaller culet maybe being let noticeable ... but an open one I would think may reveal more ... maybe? I am just hypothesizing.

[-]
  •
07-18-2014, 02:57 PM,
no, it does not change the colour. I think if your stone was warm and you set it with yellow it might, but since they are not pink at all, but more faint yellow (the OEC moissy anyway) a pink surprise really does not do anything in my experience.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
07-26-2014, 04:42 AM,
Okay, so I am quite delinquent on this ... My apologies. I didn't test it with moissy yet but I did test it with an OMC diamond yesterday. I have several whiteboard markers (don't get me started on THOSE Crackup) and they have solid colored caps. I tried with the varying colors (blue, red, green, orange) to see if - when the ring was set on the cap much like it would a finger - if any of the colors reflected thru in the kozibe, and they did not. The diamond was open to the color of the cap (vs having anything like metal between it and the cap). I could see the color in the culet only, but it did not noticeably reflect around the diamond itself and alter the apparent color of the stone in any way. I may have seen a slight flicker reflection of color, but not anything I would say makes it worth the added hassle nor cost of setting an "under stone" unless you just want to see that color in the culet. And it would need to be a pretty contrasting color to really notice it, like blue, red, etc.

Once MP is up, I will check to see if the moissy reacts or behaves differently, but I am not expecting different results.

[-]
  •
07-26-2014, 11:31 AM,
Awwww @SparkleFactor you are so sweet to do that!!

Thank you!!