Poll: Which design will give me most sparkle?
3 stone halo
5 stone
[Show Results]

A recycle project, in to ultra sparkly!
[-]
  •
09-14-2014, 04:44 PM,
A recycle project, in to ultra sparkly!
So I have a 3 stone ring with a bunch of loose melee that I'd like to recreate so i will wear it more. I am very open to ideas, I just definitely need to keep and incorporate the 3 main stones. The diamonds are 4mm/4.5mm/4mm, and the melee is either 1.5 or 2mm, and I have about... 35? Or so.

I had an idea to use all the stones and create a 3 stone with cushion shaped halo, or set aside all the melee and just grab 2 more diamonds, either 2 4.5mm, or one more 4.5mm and another around 5mm for a very slightly graduated 5 stone. I honestly just want something pretty, and the option that will give me the most sparkle!

I already have my 5 stone wedding band and love it, so would another graduated 5 stone be too much? This will be a mismatchy stack on my right hand with other rings as well, or sometimes solo. I'm not even super sure I will wear my wedding band all days, I may switch between a solitaire (I'm stuck between an EC moissy or h&a moissy), and a thinner diamond wedding band around 2mm.

Here is the inspiration pic for the 3 stone halo.. But the sides would probably be a no pave split shank.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Inspiration for 5 stone:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-14-2014, 05:51 PM,
RE: A recycle project, in to ultra sparkly!
I love the idea of the 3 stone halo, and your inspiration pic is amazing! I vote that one for sure!

[-]
  •
09-14-2014, 05:57 PM,
Three stone halo is so pretty and you have a five stone already after all.

[-]
  •
09-14-2014, 06:06 PM,
Three stone halo.... *sigh*

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
09-14-2014, 06:34 PM,
I think no 5 stone because you already have one. Yes a 3 stone halo would be pretty.

[-]
  •
09-14-2014, 06:43 PM,
I would think a 3 stone halo will give you the most sparkle simply because there are more stones to catch and reflect light. So if that's really what you're after, that would be my choice.

[-]
  •
09-14-2014, 07:18 PM,
Sweet! After posting the poll I was like weeeeell I think I know finally what I'd like most, but was still unsure about which would give me the most sparkle. If I did make it into a 5 stone, I'd find my current one a new home and get a thin band to replace it.

@jenncent do you know if schubachs recycles gold? As in, I send in gold and they reuse it in a ring? I had dk do that once, but ran across a lot of jewellers that don't because of the integrity of the gold in the remake, totally understandable, just trying to keep it same same for sentimentality (this was my husbands moms ring).

[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 10:20 AM,
I am not sure... you can ask!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 06:23 PM,
Definitely the 3 stone halo!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 09:09 PM,
A 3-stone halo would be gawww-juss on you, SD! Stars