ACC/Cushion MM to Carat conversion
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • jenncent
07-10-2017, 06:08 PM,
ACC/Cushion MM to Carat conversion
Quick question...

When I google mm to carat conversion for cushion cuts (just for kicks and giggles as to my, and others', new gorgeous ACCs), I get two different carat weights. 
For example, on most sites, my 8.5mm would be 2.43 Ct, but one site does list 3 Ct, which also seems to be what Schubach's uses. Why is this? Does it have anything to do with the depth of the ACC? 

Thanks for any help you might offer! Waiting for the inevitable "How many carats is that," question and would prefer the 2.43 weight for an answer!  Crackup

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
07-10-2017, 07:38 PM,
RE: ACC/Cushion MM to Carat conversion
The 8.5mm OMC is 3.2ish and the ACC is 3.3ish. The ACCs are just a smidge deeper. We use special software to work it out, based on our cut pattern. but generally speaking, it does have to do with the depth of the stone.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • jenncent
07-10-2017, 07:51 PM,
RE: ACC/Cushion MM to Carat conversion
(07-10-2017, 07:38 PM)jenncent Wrote: The 8.5mm OMC is 3.2ish and the ACC is 3.3ish.  The ACCs are just a smidge deeper.  We use special software to work it out, based on our cut pattern.  but generally speaking, it does have to do with the depth of the stone.

Thank you for your answer. So then the modern cushion cuts are less deep so therefore weigh less carat weight. Got it!  Wink