AG Cushion Bezel Ring
[-]
  •
02-09-2015, 06:32 PM,
AG Cushion Bezel Ring
Hello, you lovely ladies at TFL!

I've been really remiss in not posting pictures of my finished ring! I've been so sick throughout this pregnancy and am just now beginning to feel better. I feel like I've missed a lot of the stuff going on around here so I look forward to catching up on the beautiful projects going on/completed in this forum!

Hand shot, in the sunlight (which has been scarce lately).
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I absolutely loved the circles on the basket and the scroll detail on the sides!

A little blurry, but here's some more basket/bezel detail.

It took me a while to get used to the size of the AG. People around here are not much for big rocks. You all will laugh, but to me, this 6.5 mm stone feels huge. A lot like a flashing neon sign on my hand.

The only complaint that I have about the AG is that there are lots of white flashes, but not so much colored fire. Whether that is more or less diamond like, I really can't say. I'm not an expert. It's very pretty, sparkly, and white, which was important for me because I am color sensitive. Nothing is ever perfect, not even the 'ultimate gem'! The inherent flaws of the stone/material are things I can overlook.

I also thought the gap would bug the crap out of me, but I find that with everything else going on right now, I don't even care. It was either raise the ring height so I can fit bands flush- and bump it into everything, or leave it low profile and live with the gap. I chose what I felt to be the most low maintenance option. This totally my 'mom' ring.

Overall, I'm fairly pleased with how the project turned out. Bezels are my favorite type of setting, and this one feels sturdy and low maintenance. It's done in X1 gold, so cheers to no more rhodium plating (or so I hope!).

I'm sorry that this turned out to be a big huge post, all I wanted to do was post some pictures!

I'll try to post some more photos as I have time.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-09-2015, 06:49 PM,
RE: AG Cushion Bezel Ring
That is beautiful!

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Glad to see pics of your ring, though!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
02-09-2015, 06:50 PM,
this is awesome!

[-]
  •
02-09-2015, 07:14 PM,
What size ring are you because that 6.5 mm is perfect coverage for your skinny fingers! Not too big or too small. I love bezels too!

[-]
  •
02-09-2015, 09:11 PM,
This looks wonderful on you!!! I love the size.

I know what it is ike to feel crap all the time with baby... I am right there with ya! But I hope you start feeling a lot better soon. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-10-2015, 07:17 AM,
Beautiful! The details are lovely—vintagey but modern at thr same time. Heart

[-]
  •
02-10-2015, 10:30 AM,
Stunning ring!!! Congrats.

[-]
  •
02-10-2015, 11:06 AM,
@GraceA Beautiful! And I agree that 6.5mm looks BIG (but in a great way) on your skinny fingers. Enjoy it, it does look like the perfect "mom" ring. great details but nice and smooth so it wont catch on anything.

[-]
  •
02-10-2015, 11:56 AM,
Lovely! More pix, please!

[-]
  •
02-11-2015, 11:55 AM,
@GraceA love, love, love your ring! Hope your health improves throughout the rest of your pregnancy!!