AG F color
[-]
  •
08-25-2015, 11:39 AM,
AG F color
I just received and returned my long awaited AG princess. As many of you know, I have a FLB cushion AG. I had it up for sale on the bistro assuming I'd love the princess so much I'd never wear anything else. Well thank god it didn't sell!

The princess was an F colour... But it was so buttery yellow I was shocked. I didn't look at it in all light situations, I was afraid to play with it too much because I knew immediately I wanted to send it back. So weird because my original ering was a 1 ct EGL F so it never crossed my mind I'd have any issue with color on the AG. boy was that a shock.

Anyway, the good news is, I've never loved my cushion more. I had my heart so set on eventually getting a princess again I just could never be satisfied with my cushion. Now that I've seen.... Well let's just say I'm seeing my cushion in a new light.

Did anyone else have a negative experience with f color AG?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-25-2015, 12:02 PM,
RE: AG F color
Thanks for sharing your experiences @minmorocco !!

I haven't seen an AG in person before, but when I was considering one I was in touch with one of their vendors (who is no longer a vendor), and this person advised me NOT to purchase an AG that was any lower in color grade than an E--even though I was considering an F or G (because I was replacing my center diamond which was an H with a larger center stone, and my melee on my halo is G). The vendor expressed that he/she (dont want to reveal too much about that person here) was surprised at the "liberal" grading of stones, and thought that anything below E looked much more yellow than a diamond would at that grade.

Again, I haven't seen one...just relaying what I was told.

[-]
  •
08-25-2015, 01:51 PM,
Wow that's so good to hear. I thought I was seeing things.

[-]
  •
08-25-2015, 02:35 PM,
That's interesting. I wonder if the SiC performs differently enough in various lighting conditions that what appears to be an E on a white background looks far more yellow in a darker environment?

[-]
  •
08-25-2015, 03:00 PM,
I have no ideas on why, but I know my G AG is very very white. I didn't not want yellow so that works for me, but I think it could be a case of trying again, until you find one you love.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-25-2015, 03:01 PM,
I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you. It must be disappointing for sure. But on a happy note, you won't doubt the AG cushion you have now is perfect for you.
Interesting info though on the AG and thanks for sharing!

ETA you didn't happen to take pics? Popcorn

[-]
  •
08-25-2015, 04:28 PM,
I'm glad you love your cushion. Have you posted pics of it yet?

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
08-26-2015, 10:59 AM,
MrsK, yes I have. I believe I posted a few videos as well on a thread on BTD pretty recently.

I'm not sure why it was so yellow. But it was so glaring there was no doubt in my mind I wouldn't keep it. My best friend is visiting me and she was there when I opened it. I didn't say anything. She knew how excited I was but as I looked (and I was honestly in a little bit of shock) she said "why is it so yellow" I was like I have no idea. This was indoor in my bedroom so pretty typical indoor lighting. I went to take it in the bathroom to see it in more friendly lighting but while it did get whiter it didn't exactly wow me. It had much less fire than my cushion does. Which is typical for a princess. But I felt like it had less depth. Anyway I only looked at it for a minute before I started having flashbacks of that poster who dropped her ag on the bathroom floor and I was just desperate to get it safely back in the box.

[-] The following 1 user Likes LaurieLee's post:
  • mmascall
08-26-2015, 02:57 PM,
I had a F color Amora Gem round and it was sooo white it looked like a CZ.... My Mom has a G colored AG and the color is stunning.. a little hint of warmth.. Its stunning....
Maybe your eye is used to the slight hint of the light blue thats your FLB AG Cushion has?. and maybe thats why you are seeing a buttery tone now in a colorless stone?..

Edited to add that possibly you also received a dud?..

[-]
  •
08-26-2015, 05:58 PM,
(08-26-2015, 02:57 PM)LaurieLee Wrote: I had a F color Amora Gem round and it was sooo white it looked like a CZ.... My Mom has a G colored AG and the color is stunning.. a little hint of warmth.. Its stunning....
Maybe your eye is used to the slight hint of the light blue thats your FLB AG Cushion has?. and maybe thats why you are seeing a buttery tone now in a colorless stone?..

Edited to add that possibly you also received a dud?..

it definitely wasn't just me. My unsullied (game of thrones joke---sorry) bff also saw the stone as "buttery". As I said, my princess diamond was an EGL F and I wore that stone for ten years. The only warmth I saw was slight in certain lights from the side. And since that stone was egl it could easily have been a GIA I or even J.

My best theory is it's something to do with the cut bringing out more warmth. As I said, I didn't check it out in all lighting because I was afraid. But in my room... Normal indoor light bulb type lighting it looked so warm it was disconcerting. I will say. The cut was gorgeous.