AG, H&A moissy, Amora Moissy, OEC FB Moissy
[-] The following 1 user Likes miss_michele's post:
  • mmascall
07-11-2014, 11:17 AM,
AG, H&A moissy, Amora Moissy, OEC FB Moissy
ok, so I ordered a bunch of different stones so I could compare them all at once side by side for my new project. I previously posted a comparison of the FB h&a moissy and my amora moissy. And while I love the new cut, I was bummed I just couldn't get past the color differences. It's just way to yellow. I also got a few stone holders and that really helped me visualize what each stone looked like on my finger.

Here are the stones from top left to bottom right...
FB OEC, FB H&A moissy, Amora Moissy, Amora Gem H color

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

AG and the FB h&a moissy, the AG is much whiter face up than the moissy.

Here they are stacked on my finger bottom up...
AG, FB H&A moissy, FB OEC Moissy, Amora Moissy

And of course, here are some videos! This one is of all the rings stacked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9xLxob4t3o

And this is the Amora Gem and the FB H&A Moissy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Lh1I1_330

I've decided to keep the Amora Gem and return the others. I think it looks the most diamond like and that is what I was going for with my next project. It has plenty of sparkle for me and doesn't look glassy like my CZ 2 carat ring. I will forever love my Amora Moissy and still so happy we got it for my ER. Everyone will see these stones differently and I suggest if you haven't seen them in person to order one for yourself and see if it's for you Smile Everyone likes different things and there's nothing like seeing them in person. There's no possible way to capture the true color and sparkle and awesomeness of all these stone in pics/video. I know a lot of ladies out there are stalking the boards like I used to and are looking for a stone to use as a diamond alternative. I know a moissy is a unique stone with it's own awesome characteristics. However in all honesty, having worked in the wedding industry and looked at and photographed 100's of engagement rings, a FB moissy just cannot pass as a diamond, they are just too yellow and buttery IMHO. Hence the reason I'm going to stick with the AG. I know many of you will disagree with me and that's totally cool too! Love that we all like different things. Just wanted to share what I found to help others along the way Wink

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 11:24 AM,
RE: AG, H&A moissy, Amora Moissy, OEC FB Moissy
Thanks so much for the fantastic comparison photos! May I ask the stones' sizes?

[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 11:27 AM,
Well thanks for all that pretty! Pretty much helped me make my mind up. My eye went straight to that oecLoveLove now just to decide between FB or unenhanced....I dont mind the warmth at all. Where did you get that oec if you dont mind me asking?

[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 11:30 AM,
(07-11-2014, 11:24 AM)Slick Wrote: Thanks so much for the fantastic comparison photos! May I ask the stones' sizes?

Sure! The AG is 2.2 ct, the FB H&A moissy is 2 ct, the FB OEC is 3 ct, and the amora moissy is 1.5 ct

[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 11:32 AM,
(07-11-2014, 11:27 AM)gatorgrl Wrote: Well thanks for all that pretty! Pretty much helped me make my mind up. My eye went straight to that oecLoveLove now just to decide between FB or unenhanced....I dont mind the warmth at all. Where did you get that oec if you dont mind me asking?

Right?!?! I LOVE this cut and was thrilled to see it in person finally. It's pretty warm even though it's a FB. I'm going to order an AG OEC when they come out with it since I want to put diamond baguettes next to it, for a separate project someday Wink I got this one for Moissaniteco.com

[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 11:33 AM,
uh oh. Just realized I want a fatter stoneCrackup

[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 11:37 AM,
(07-11-2014, 11:33 AM)gatorgrl Wrote: uh oh. Just realized I want a fatter stoneCrackup

Haha! Do it!! the OEC looks amazing in 3 carats! I'm currently suffering from shrinkage, hence the new solitaire push present project Sparkles

[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 11:52 AM,
Nice comparisons. Thanks for sharing.

[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 02:03 PM,
I am really quite shocked at the color your H&A FB shows, and I am not even remotely color sensitive! Confused

Mine isn't a H&A but is the newer cut, and it doesn't look anywhere close to that, and it's not a FB. Kinda wondering if you got a dud or someone made a mistake.

[-] The following 1 user Likes mmascall's post:
  • SWK1960
07-11-2014, 02:04 PM,
Lovely pictures and videos! They are all gorgeousHeartHeart I wouldn't have the guts to order them all at once because, greedy sparkle addict that I am, I'd have a hard time parting with any of them and want to keep them all!

PS - Nice nails!