AG cushion fancy light blue - ring plans
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bling It On's post:
  • Rusalka
04-11-2014, 07:39 AM,
AG cushion fancy light blue - ring plans
Hi ladies,

So I've just had a bit of an impulse buy and purchased an Amora gem Ultra cushion in the fancy light blue colour!! (1.55ct, 6.90mmX 6.89mm)

The story is: I traded in my old cut AG and received store credit from BTD about 3 weeks ago. Anyway, I got sick of waiting for an Ultra round in the right size (6.5mm - 7mm) and colour (F-G) so when I saw this light blue cushion available, I bit the bullet.

Apparently the light blue AG's still face up white (apparently G colour) but have a light blue body modifier instead of yellow.

I have scrapped the solitaire idea and am thinking of going with a 3 stone anniversary ring but with cushion centre instead of round as I had previously planned.

I am tentatively planning barely pink or peachy pink moissy round sides (minty green moissy sides are coming a close second.)

Here are some inspiration pics:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I really hope I love the AG cushion in this light blue colour! If not, I will be returning to wait for an round Ultra. But restocks have been taking forever and I cant wait any longer!!

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-11-2014, 07:53 AM,
RE: AG cushion fancy light blue - ring plans
Pretty! I love blue color is stones Smile I like the third three stone the best! The swooping gallery design is just beautiful!

[-]
  •
04-11-2014, 07:57 AM,
And a stupid question: if this AG in the cushion cut is almost 7mm, does this mean it will look as big as a 7.5mm round?
(If yes, this is going to look ginormous on me!!)

[-]
  •
04-11-2014, 08:02 AM,
Thanks @ JooJooBee4 - i love the profile of the third ring! I'm not sure what the end ring is going to look like yet. The pics above are just some 3 stone rings I like with cushion/square centres and round sidestones. My ring will most likely be a mish-mash of all 3 if that makes sense.

I have purchased tonight a light blue cushion AG and 2 X4.5mm peachy pink moissys and 2 X 4.5mm light green moissys. All the stones will arrive next week and I will see what they all look light together. (I will be returning one set of coloured sidestones depending on whether I like the pink or green best.)
Apparently, the AG does not show any blue colour from the top, it just is a body modifying colour. But it will not be as white as the D-F AGs currently on sale now.

[-]
  •
04-11-2014, 08:04 AM,
The cushion will face up smaller than a round of the same carat weight so you should be good!

ETA: I would go with the pinks, but I am biased towards them Wink Either way it will be lovely!

[-]
  •
04-11-2014, 09:06 AM,
The three stone sounds great Smile I was eying those cushions too! Are they not restricted like they others? Seems that I could add it to the shopping cart no problem

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Bluespawkles
04-11-2014, 09:32 AM,
I love the last one too!!

I saw some pics of the light blues posted. They looked blue to me... like blue enough that I would not put colours beside them. Unless you want a blue/pink or blue/green ring?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-11-2014, 09:48 AM,
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait to see pics!!

For me I would like the blue more than the colorless!!

And please take lots of pics of the other colored moissy you are getting!!

Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluespawkles's post:
  • JuBe
04-11-2014, 11:16 AM,
I love light blue diamonds with pinks! I see it a lot as a complimentary combo on DBL and places like that. Pink brings out the blue. Now, when I had a light blue moissy, pinks next to it actually made it green. But it was quite blue, not the very slightly light blue your cushion will be. One thing I thought about was pink Asha sides, since they look more like pink diamonds. Either way this is going to be so fun! I love three stones and color!

[-]
  •
04-11-2014, 11:19 AM,
@jenncent where are the photos you saw?
(04-11-2014, 09:32 AM)jenncent Wrote: I love the last one too!!

I saw some pics of the light blues posted. They looked blue to me... like blue enough that I would not put colours beside them. Unless you want a blue/pink or blue/green ring?