All things YG
[-]
  •
06-17-2013, 05:52 PM,
All things YG
I'm a big fan of yellow gold (actually, my favorite now), which is funny to me now because my original wedding set was platinum and I hated yg back then. I remember how hard it was to find a diverse range of YG designs years ago but seems like it is coming back (or is in) into style now. Below is a list of designers who have amazing pieces in YG:

Please add to this list Smile! Looking forward to finding new sites to check out!

1. Kamofie
2. Shamila
3. Megan Thorne
4. BittersweetsNY
5. St. Kilda/Nora Kogan
6. Reinstein Ross
7. Caspita
8. Yossi Harari

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-17-2013, 08:48 PM,
RE: All things YG
bookmarking them all Big Grin YG is my fav, I think it's the most complimentary for my skin tone

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
06-17-2013, 09:31 PM,
I have never worn anything but yellow gold, and I even withstood the white metal storm that took hold 15 years ago and is still mostly running the show. Yellow has been pooh-poohed for so long now, but in just the past several months people are starting to use terms like butter, rich, warm, and luxurious. I'm ramping up for one hell of a Told You So Dance. It's gonna be epic.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
06-17-2013, 09:44 PM,
ahaha Hadley, I can admit I caved to the white gold side, but never fully ditched my yellow gold. I love them both Wink

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
06-18-2013, 01:43 AM,
I think I would have liked yellow gold more if I had seen more varied designs. The only ones I saw before getting engaged were marquise in swirly settings popular with my mom and aunts. My mom had a very 80's round set in a bypass yg ring while my grandmom had a platinum deco 3 stone ring. If I had seen yg settings like the ones on my list or antique styled from Single Stone or SN Queens, I would probably have had a totally different opinion about yg back then.

I LOVE this ring:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
http://www.snqueens.com/engagement/engra...-ring.html

[-]
  •
06-18-2013, 02:43 AM,
It is funny, here in Australia in our dreaded Mall jewellers, yellow gold makes up about 80% of the engagement/ wedding rings. In the higher end ones you see more platinum and WG though.

I think we are about 10 years behind you guys!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
06-18-2013, 11:42 AM,
I love that ring Glitter!!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
06-18-2013, 12:40 PM,
(06-17-2013, 09:31 PM)Hadley Wrote: I have never worn anything but yellow gold, and I even withstood the white metal storm that took hold 15 years ago and is still mostly running the show. Yellow has been pooh-poohed for so long now, but in just the past several months people are starting to use terms like butter, rich, warm, and luxurious. I'm ramping up for one hell of a Told You So Dance. It's gonna be epic.

*drops the beat* Unsst unsst unsst unsst! Yeah, get down! *boogies with Hadley in the TYSD corner*

It's been YG for me all the way, white metals just don't look good on me. It's been really difficult to find nice YG pieces, although the tide is slowly turning.

[-]
  •
06-18-2013, 01:00 PM,
Yeah, Galateia! Big Grin While the jewelry-crazed among us are getting on board with yellow now, we still have a long way to go to get the general public on board. I don't see yellow in stores here yet, except for a few little pieces off to the side of the cases in the margins of shame. But it's coming, it's coming!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
06-18-2013, 01:19 PM,
I dont see it in stores either!!

I sure am seeing rose gold though......

I love alllllllllll of them!!

Visit this user's website