Am I crazy???
[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 01:05 PM,
Am I crazy???
Quick question... Looking for honest answers. I have received zero interest in my attempt to sell my diamond tiara ring. Am I the equivilant of that mother who thinks her baby is the most beautiful ever, but really everyone knows that baby is u-g-l-y? Know what I mean? I realize there's a lot going on with the holidays coming, government shut down and every thing in between. Still, I need to know is this a ring only a mother could love? Or is it just bad timing? I was thinking of trying eBay, but was wondering if I should even bother. I thought I would ask opinions here first. Please be honest even if it's brutally honest. I can handle it!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 01:45 PM,
RE: Am I crazy???
You're not crazy at all! It's a gorgeous ring. It'll just take the right person because of size/width/style. I like it but could never wear it because it's chunky and I have stupid short fingers, lol. Sad

I've felt the same about some of the pieces I've tried to sell, and dropped the prices multiple times. They're pieces that I always got compliments on when I wore them, but nobody seems to want to buy them. Just keep trying!

[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 01:56 PM,
Thank you LaLa!!! This is one of those rings that people have always noticed and loved. I was once asked if it was a family heirloom. I answered "no, but I'm sure someone will want it when I'm dead!" Crackup I agree regarding the the size. You would have to have long fingers to pull this off. Thanks for the reassurance. I listed it on eBay with a starting price of exactly what I want for it. If that doesn't work than oh well. A larger audience couldn't hurt. Thanks again for your opinion... I needed it! Bighug

[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 02:21 PM,
Don't worry Eme. There was a ring that was on LT for like 8 months before I bought it. Someone will come along. It's just just has be the right timing for the buyer and the seller and it's pure luck (and a little patience and resilience) that needs to come together for the sale to happen.

[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 02:27 PM,
I can have patience. Just as long as I'm not crazy. Thanks ladies!

[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 02:46 PM,
You're not crazy EmeMac! It is just a specific style and a higher price point. So, like others have said, I think you just need to wait for that special person.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 03:15 PM,
Do you think the price point is too high?

[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 03:33 PM,
I just wanted to chime in and say that there is a trade off between price point and the time you are prepared to wait for that special buyer to come along. So if you keep the price firm, you might have to wait longer in other words. Also I looked at the listing and the ring is substantial and probably a lot of grams of gold- maybe 5 or 6 g? You could specify that as I think might be beneficial to highlight the weighty aspect of the ring.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • stardust
10-06-2013, 04:08 PM,
(10-06-2013, 03:15 PM)EmeMac Wrote: Do you think the price point is too high?

I can't really answer that, because it is not my style, so I have never priced that kind of ring out. Do YOU think it is too high?

I have not sold much, but 2 rather pricey thing recently. And both sold for 45% of what I paid initially. But I wanted fast-ish sales.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 06:20 PM,
(10-06-2013, 04:08 PM)jenncent Wrote:
(10-06-2013, 03:15 PM)EmeMac Wrote: Do you think the price point is too high?

I can't really answer that, because it is not my style, so I have never priced that kind of ring out. Do YOU think it is too high?

I have not sold much, but 2 rather pricey thing recently. And both sold for 45% of what I paid initially. But I wanted fast-ish sales.

I agree with all of this. If I'm selling something I expect to get 45-50% of what I paid if I bought it new. If I bought used, I hope to recoup about 80%. There are some exceptions to this rule, of course.