Amora Enhanced Moissanite vs Hearts and Arrows Forever Brilliant
[-]
  •
10-09-2014, 02:01 PM,
Exclamation  Amora Enhanced Moissanite vs Hearts and Arrows Forever Brilliant
After waiting forever for an Amora Gem with specs that meet my requirements (color, size, clarity and price), I decided to go with either an Amora enhanced Moissanite or a Hearts and Arrows Forever Brilliant Moissanite for now.

I received the two stones today, both in 6.5mm (1ct. equiv.) size (H&A FB only comes in 6.5mm and 8mm) and long story short, color is definitely whiter, at least when viewed face down, for the Amora enhanced moissy (2014) but the cut is vastly superior for the H&A FB moissy.

I will be returning the Amora moissy. Both are really beautiful stones though and I know some people are more color sensitive and will see the slight warmth in the H&A FB as a dealbreaker and find the Amora moissy more attractive. However, I personally care more about cut than color because that's what turns a dull transparent stone into a sparkly gemstone and the color difference is negligible to my eyes, face up.

I haven't seen Amora Gems (not enhanced Moissanites), but my understanding is that those provide best of both worlds, and are several grades whiter than the already white Amora moissies. I will definitely think about upgrading once those become more readily available in 2015, but for now the H&A moissy is perfect for me!

I will take some pics and videos and post them here.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-09-2014, 02:44 PM,
RE: Amora Enhanced Moissanite vs Hearts and Arrows Forever Brilliant
Thanks petrus, looking forward to them.

[-]
  •
10-09-2014, 02:51 PM,
(10-09-2014, 02:44 PM)ringcat Wrote: Thanks petrus, looking forward to them.

+1! Smile

[-]
  •
10-09-2014, 02:55 PM,
I love all these comparison pics and vids, helps so much.

[-]
  •
10-09-2014, 03:20 PM,
Sounds like you made a great plan, for a pretty stone now and a fun upgrade for a little later! Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-09-2014, 08:01 PM,
I agree .. cut to me is more important than color.. anyhow I love a little warmth to my stones...:-)
Looking forward to your pictures!

[-]
  •
10-09-2014, 09:16 PM,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Looking forward to pics!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-09-2014, 09:20 PM,
(10-09-2014, 09:16 PM)MrsK Wrote: Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Looking forward to pics!

Yeahthat

I've never seen an H&A in person!

[-]
  •
10-10-2014, 12:37 AM,
Here are some comparison pics I just took:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Unfortunately by the time I got home it was already evening so I could not get daylight photos.
Pics were taken with my iPhone using jewelers' loupes, so please excuse the quality...

[-]
  •
10-10-2014, 12:46 AM,
Great pics!!

I totally agree the h&a looks fantastic. Well done.