Amora Gem
[-]
  •
09-22-2013, 03:28 AM,
Amora Gem
For those of you that read the threads on BTD, I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on the AMORA gem. It seems that a few people have now purchased one of these gems and are raving about it. I'm just wondering if they will have any resemblance to a real diamond, or will it just scream super white, super clean, top spec CZ. In other words, it will stand out as being man made ?

Anyone got any thoughts on this, or might be thinking about purchasing one of these gems?

Merlin

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes sparkletiger's post:
  • moissypaws
09-22-2013, 05:17 AM,
RE: Amora Gem
Hi Merlin, I read through BTD threads and what baffles me is I can't see any reviews. 9mm and 8.5 mm don't have waiting lists any more so there should be tons of reviews!!! Anyway the last review I saw was on Weddingbee and I posted it in New customer pics of Amora Gem thread in Moissanite section. Check it out, people posted quite a few opinions there. Now that lady seems very happy with it and is now selling her Amora Moissanite (which she replaced with AG). She says she is going to post some videos soon, I can't wait as the pics are 2 dimensional and a bit "underwhelming".

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
09-22-2013, 06:36 AM,
I can't wait! I love asha cuts but they are way too white for me. I tried FB and they still have slight greenish tints to me.

[-]
  •
09-22-2013, 12:47 PM,
(09-22-2013, 05:17 AM)sparkletiger Wrote: Hi Merlin, I read through BTD threads and what baffles me is I can't see any reviews. 9mm and 8.5 mm don't have waiting lists any more so there should be tons of reviews!!! Anyway the last review I saw was on Weddingbee and I posted it in New customer pics of Amora Gem thread in Moissanite section. Check it out, people posted quite a few opinions there. Now that lady seems very happy with it and is now selling her Amora Moissanite (which she replaced with AG). She says she is going to post some videos soon, I can't wait as the pics are 2 dimensional and a bit "underwhelming".

Totally agree, why aren't more people posting reviews?

[-] The following 2 users Like MrsK's post:
  • sparkletiger, stardust
09-23-2013, 06:00 PM,
Without seeing one in person, I can't really tell if I will like it or not. Luckyb saw one in person at Wink's and she said its amazing. The photos haven't been that great so far. It'll be awhile before it's available for purchase here, so maybe by then I'll know for sure if is any one.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bling It On's post:
  • Lorrissey, sparkletiger
10-01-2013, 04:37 AM,
I just ordered a 7mm Amora gem yesterday and will be putting up many pics/videos when my ring finally arrives. Like everyone else I have bought into the hype so I really hope it is as spectacular as they say. I have an F colour very good cut diamond to compare it too (GIA cert) so that should give people a much better idea of what they can expect to receive when the Amora Gems become readily available. People are saying its hard to photograph, but I have a DSLR with a macro lens that should be able to capture some good pics of it. Plus the camera akes decent video too

[-]
  •
10-01-2013, 04:47 AM,
Becleeham, it is fantastic news and the hype has been so ginormous and for such a long time that I think accounts for very high expectations and truth be known, because a lot of us can't get it yet, we are trying to "keep a cool head" about it so there is that too. But you are a lucky thing and in 7mm (it's my second favourite size after 6.5 mm) and VS and E colour it should look like a top diamond. So glad to hear you have decent equipment, good quality photos are in very high demand where AG is concerned. Congrats!!!!

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
10-01-2013, 07:16 AM,
Congrats Beecleeham! I totally love the 7mm size. It's perfect.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Bling It On's post:
  • stardust
10-01-2013, 07:24 AM,
My diamond ering is smallerat 0.60ct so I am hoping I can rock a 7mm (1.25ct) rock!! I have very slender fingers and was hoping to get a 6.5mm Amora Gem, but when the email notification came for the 1.25ct I couldnt resist! Hope it doesnt look too big. But I'm sure DSS or ASS (Amora Shrinkage Syndrome) will sink in after a few days and it will be fine! hahaha

[-]
  •
10-01-2013, 07:28 AM,
You'll probably be a bit shocked initially but I wouldn't fret. Rock it with confidence! It's not a huge size where people would automatically start to question it. As you want a simple setting that also won't add too much bulk to the stone (i.e there is no halo) so really, it will be perfect! I'd get a ChrisCZ in 7mm and start wearing so you get comfortable with the size.