Amora Gem H&A ultra - F or G and depth?
[-]
  •
09-26-2014, 12:55 PM,
Amora Gem H&A ultra - F or G and depth?
Hi everyone!

I have been drooling over the amora gem ultra.
I've read so many reviews and it seems that there are a few things I'm unclear or undecided on. I'm hoping for something 1.7-1.8mm or so. Not terribly picky, but I know my setting can handle a 8mm RB. The setting is fairly low though, and I think the increase of size will have a change of almost .50 of the depth.. something I should be concerned about? Guess I'll have to ask my jeweler.

On that note, doing the basic math to find out the percentage of depth so far none have been less than 61% I think so far... but that's just taking the given dimensions so I have no idea how accurate it is..I would just be worried it may affect the fire.

I am fairly colour sensitive, but I think F or G would be good for me as anything higher is getting too pricey. I just am unsure with how much of a significant change it would be between the two, and really if I find a VVS1 in G should I be choosing that over a VVS1 or 2 F?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-28-2014, 07:08 AM,
RE: Amora Gem H&A ultra - F or G and depth?
Nevermind! I have decided on a 1.67 E IF... we shall see what it looks like soon hopefully!

[-] The following 1 user Likes MissCassie's post:
  • jcaroldoyle
09-28-2014, 08:28 AM,
I have an E, IF stone, and it is gorgeous. I don't think you'll be disappointed! Settings can handle a variance of about 0.5mm in either direction from their stated setting dimensions *most* of the time (diameter and depth). Can't wait to see what you think of your AG when you get it!

[-]
  •
09-28-2014, 09:26 AM,
(09-28-2014, 08:28 AM)MissCassie Wrote: I have an E, IF stone, and it is gorgeous. I don't think you'll be disappointed! Settings can handle a variance of about 0.5mm in either direction from their stated setting dimensions *most* of the time (diameter and depth). Can't wait to see what you think of your AG when you get it!

Fingers crossed when I get it there won't be any issues! I definitely knew that it could handle an increase of 1.0mm in diameter so I'm hoping when my jeweller said that she also remembered that the depth may change as well. Your post is making me very optimistic!

I absolutely have the highest hopes for this stone! I love the sparkle of moissanite / enhanced moissys, but in certain lighting the yellow is too much for me. I was aiming for maybe a F or G AG just because I thought it would have more fire, but I think I'm so colour sensitive that it's the main concern first.. especially when I have accent diamonds!