Amora Gem OEC, 2.46 ct
[-]
  •
08-23-2014, 12:07 PM,
Amora Gem OEC, 2.46 ct
Well, so I had been planning on purchasing a H&A round later this year when one with my specifications in mind came up (F, G, or H color, 8.5-9mm, not picky about clarity), and then the announcement of the OEC's came and that plan went right out the window. My poor husband, I think the must have thought I was going to explode in excitement. Of course, this all happened while we were on vacation and mostly un-plugged, I found out from checking the forums on my phone! Yikes! I told him I wanted to buy one but they were very limited in offerings so I needed to do it like RIGHT NOW and the told me to sleep on it and decide in the morning. I really wanted one of the F colored ones, but of course they all sold while I slept that night. I refuse to pay the premium for a D colored stone, and I wasn't too crazy about my last options being E in color, but I snagged one and I'm so glad I did!

So, the specs are : 2.46ct (ACTUAL carat weight), 8.84 mm - 8.92mm X 5.30 mm, E color, Internally Flawless, with excellent polish and symmetry.

AND I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THIS STONE!!!! I will say I was a bit wary after reading some felt it was dark under the table, and then there was the one with the wavy striations, but thankfully my stone is perfect. Now, I have an Amora moissy OEC that I am completely in love with that I used to compare the cut to, and in all lighting conditions held at the same angles, the same facets (under the table or around the crown, the star facets they might be called?) went bright or dark in the same pattern, I will note that with the Amora Gem OEC, the facets look crisper than my moissy OEC, and the contrast between the "dark" and "light" petals and facets is more apparent, and for many this could be a turn off. For me, I'm perfectly happy with it. I'm going to have to work on my photography skills, but here is the first run for you ladies!

Bathroom lighting:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Snowflake pattern from the bottom, bathroom lighting, in a shadow:

Outdoors in the sunlight:

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-23-2014, 12:13 PM,
RE: Amora Gem OEC, 2.46 ct
Lets see if I can't make a video link work:

http://vid494.photobucket.com/albums/rr3...68c51c.mp4

[-]
  •
08-23-2014, 12:20 PM,
Wow! It is gorgeous! I love it!

[-]
  •
08-23-2014, 12:21 PM,
Such a gorgeous stone! Congrats!!! Smile

[-]
  •
08-23-2014, 12:24 PM,
It really look beautiful. Makes me question now whether to get one. I had been holding back. Yours is delish. Congrats!

[-]
  •
08-23-2014, 12:37 PM,
Thanks ladies! My only problem is... I have no idea what to do with it! (Other than make a ring of course!)

[-]
  •
08-23-2014, 01:11 PM,
I *need* to see it in a ring. Sorry. LOL Wink

[-]
  •
08-23-2014, 01:18 PM,
Lucky you got one without darkness. Yay for you! Looking forward to ring pics.

[-]
  •
08-23-2014, 01:21 PM,
@MissCassie I am so happy for you! That stone looks like a winner! LOL at you checking your phone on vacation - hehe.

[-]
  •
08-23-2014, 01:34 PM,
So pretty and great photos, this is exactly what I see with my stones!