Amora gem colour questions
[-]
  •
01-26-2015, 09:00 PM,
Amora gem colour questions
Just a question for those that have seen a few AGs.

I have an E amora gem, I love it- in photos it looks a lot whiter than it appears irl. I love white diamonds, my last was GIA D, so I knew I'd be ok with the whiteness.

But I have come across a G that is the size I need. Do you think it would be worth looking at it? I thought I was happy with my stone, it was very white but I felt it performed well. But the more I read online, the more people say the G/ H AGs look more realistic to a diamond.

LAD have it to set it into my solitaire now, so I feel like I need to decide ASAP.

Am I just confusing myself because I haven't seen it in a while? What to do.....

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-26-2015, 09:09 PM,
RE: Amora gem colour questions
What size is it? For me, E in a large size would be too white. I am not sure I would ever look for an E diamond though either. Unless it was step cut... I like those white! F is really my happy place in terms of whiteness, so if I had to pick between E or G, I would pick G. But performance is a huge variant, so I would want to make sure the G is too.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-26-2015, 09:18 PM,
It's 1.49ct, so about 7.35mm or so.

I'm so confused. I'm going to email Erica and see what she thinks.

[-]
  •
01-26-2015, 10:07 PM,
For me, that would be substantial enough to want something a bit warmer. BUT, if you love the E, and *you* found the E realistic, that is really all that matters.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-26-2015, 11:09 PM,
I have emailed Erica, if my stone is set already I will take it as a sign from the universe that it's meant to be mine. If it's not, then I am going to peruse the G.

Thanks Jen!

[-]
  •
01-27-2015, 07:03 AM,
I have a D coloured diamond and Amora enhanced moissies graded H by NAGL. In comparing these stones to my E coloured AG, there is really no hugely noticeable difference to my eye. Yes, the Amora enhanced moissies are a bit warmer than either the diamond or the AG but not dramatically so. I also don't see any significant difference in performance between them. Here is a video comparing the AG to the Amora enhanced moissy in a range of lighting (sorry it's so long and remember to watch in HD.)

Oh, and don't mind the dogs Toofunny

[-] The following 1 user Likes Brit's post:
  • mmascall
01-27-2015, 07:31 AM,
I would say if you have any doubt try to delay the setting of your stone so that you can see the G color stone and make the decision between the two. I know when you have doubt enough to post about it, its enough to bother you. But I will also agree that when it comes to a color difference it will be very slight. I do notice the color difference between my E and F ONLY when they are side by side in the exact right light, but I would not be able to see it if they were apart and both set into individual rings. If you like a white stone but are feeling uncomfortable about it being an "E" white and telling people that because of their impression/reaction, then tell them it is really is an F or G and it just faces up super white. I look at things so black and white that it was hard for me to realize that I could tell anyone ANYTHING I wanted to (or not wanted to) about my rings. Not that I am one to lie, but it was actually quite freeing when I started over thinking how the color or size of my stone was going to be perceived.

[-]
  •
01-27-2015, 07:43 AM,
I have 2 F color amora gems and I don't necessarily agree that they are the same bright white an F diamond would be. I want to say it's a more muted white? hard to explain but it's definitely not blinding CZ white.

[-]
  •
01-27-2015, 10:41 AM,
Thanks for your input everyone! It's so hard because I only have limited photos on my phone to look at, as DD dropped my phone a little while ago and I lost everything when I got a new phone. So it's almost like I forget what it looks like lol

I personally love white stones, and when I got it I remember having that feeling you get when you love something a lot. I don't doubt me liking it, but from what I read I'm not sure if I'm liking the right thing? Does that make sense? Lol

@mmascall thanks for the video! That's exactly the thing I needed to watch to sort this all out in my head Smile

[-]
  •
01-27-2015, 11:16 AM,
Here is an F Amora Gem on the right and a D cz on the left. I tried to put them in the same holder but it screwed up the camera.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Here's my smaller F up close and personal:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!