Amora moissanite in stock soon? Or stick with unenhanced?
[-]
  •
01-30-2013, 10:50 PM,
Amora moissanite in stock soon? Or stick with unenhanced?
Hello guys! Been lurking at BTD for quite some time coz I've been doing extensive research on moissanites as I'm really interested to get one but somehow just haven't made the jump! With so many options and conflicting opinions on stones, be it unenhanced or amora moissy or FB, I'm just confused! I read that the amora moissy is about to be in stock soon this January based on a recent post on the BTD forum. I'm on their waiting list for a 7.5 and 8mm but I don't know how long the wait is still going to be!!

Considering the HUGE price difference as well on an unenhanced and amora, I've been considering to getting a 7.5 unenhanced instead of an Amora. 7.5mm, although my initial choice is 8mm, but it it's unenhanced, 7.5mm it is, as i've read, the bigger the stone, the more color. If i were to get an amora, i'd be getting the 8mm. i sure hope there's no tinge of green or grey in there if i were to be paying more. Smile

So I happened to come to this site during my search as I was considering MoissaniteCo as they seem to have the cheapest price! Especially their settings! But after more probing here and on other wedding forums, I'm not sure any more and is considering other sellers. I want to get an unbiased opinion as to what you guys think about unenhanced and amora? If I were to get a 7.5mm, will unenhance do the trick or do I have to settle for amora? I don't want to get an amora and see that it doesn't have much difference with the unenhanced, as I've read others have experienced here!

I just recently saw a moissantie in person at Ultra Diamonds and though I'm not that impressed, probably it's OLD stock? it's pretty white!

Another question I have is the SETTINGS? anyone who has settings from moissaniteco? do the super tiny sidestones really sparkle, as i'm considering all moissanite sidestones as well..? i'm a bit skeptic about those small sidestones sparkling, that's why i'm leaning on getting a solitaire WITH 6 sidestones in 3.5mm sizes each. i guess that size is pretty big enough to garner a sparkle. any input on this guys?

sorry if my post is a little all over the place but i just want to get everybody's opinion here. Smile

also, any other reputable sellers that you guys can recommend that have reasonable prices? thank you thank you thank you!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-30-2013, 11:03 PM,
RE: Amora moissanite in stock soon? Or stick with unenhanced?
I work for Schubach's so I am hardly biased. I will let others weigh in on vendors, but I do not think you need to be afraid on unenhanced Smile you just need to trust your vendor to work with you on picking stones.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-30-2013, 11:15 PM,
Are you asking about RBs? And what setting did you have in mind?

[-]
  •
01-31-2013, 01:00 AM,
If you're going for a round cut (either RB or OEC), an unenhanced may be great in and of itself, no enhancement necessary. You need to have someone on your side as a vendor though, because unenhanced Moissy really is inconsistent from stone to stone, somewhat in cut and especially in color. Beth at Schubach's seems to be the rightful queen of gorgeous selections.

If you're going for any non-round cut, you will for sure want a Forever Brilliant or an Amora. Given what you said about the importance of white, I don't think an unenhanced will be ok with you in a non-round because they show color quite a bit more than the round cuts do.

To answer your question about 6 side stones at 3.5mm -- yep, they will sparkle like the dickens if you go Moissy! I have a 2mm eternity Moissy that's far more lively than my similar sized diamond anniversary band.

Most of MoCo's settings are stock and anyone can get them for you, likely at the same price. While the setting itself comes from the same casting house no matter what vendor / jeweler sources it, there can be a big difference in craftsmanship when it comes to setting the stones, and a big difference in follow through if any issues arise afterward. Schubach's and Amcor are both great for stock settings -- dependable customer service, quality craftsmanship, and happy to tweak stock settings for you (like if you want a different prong head, to lower the center stone, to add a surprise stone, that kind of thing). I don't think anyone here utilizes MoCo, which says something.

If you will share a photo of the setting(s) you are considering, we can probably ID the stock source on sight.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
01-31-2013, 02:52 AM,
(01-30-2013, 11:15 PM)Lorrissey Wrote: Are you asking about RBs? And what setting did you have in mind?

yes. i'm planning on getting RB! my initial choice of setting is something like this...
http://www.moissaniteco.com/round-moissa...10666.html

But my concern is that being the sidestones are too small, it might not sparkle? i'm afraid it might look like ash?

so i'm opting for something like this with bigger sidestones...
http://www.moissaniteco.com/35mm-round-m...10649.html

Smile

[-]
  •
01-31-2013, 02:58 AM,
(01-31-2013, 01:00 AM)Hadley Wrote: If you're going for a round cut (either RB or OEC), an unenhanced may be great in and of itself, no enhancement necessary. You need to have someone on your side as a vendor though, because unenhanced Moissy really is inconsistent from stone to stone, somewhat in cut and especially in color. Beth at Schubach's seems to be the rightful queen of gorgeous selections.

If you're going for any non-round cut, you will for sure want a Forever Brilliant or an Amora. Given what you said about the importance of white, I don't think an unenhanced will be ok with you in a non-round because they show color quite a bit more than the round cuts do.

To answer your question about 6 side stones at 3.5mm -- yep, they will sparkle like the dickens if you go Moissy! I have a 2mm eternity Moissy that's far more lively than my similar sized diamond anniversary band.

Most of MoCo's settings are stock and anyone can get them for you, likely at the same price. While the setting itself comes from the same casting house no matter what vendor / jeweler sources it, there can be a big difference in craftsmanship when it comes to setting the stones, and a big difference in follow through if any issues arise afterward. Schubach's and Amcor are both great for stock settings -- dependable customer service, quality craftsmanship, and happy to tweak stock settings for you (like if you want a different prong head, to lower the center stone, to add a surprise stone, that kind of thing). I don't think anyone here utilizes MoCo, which says something.

If you will share a photo of the setting(s) you are considering, we can probably ID the stock source on sight.

thanks for the info hadley. i've read a lot of positive reviews about beth. i might just hit her up via chat should i go with schubach's!

regarding the settings, yeah, same question i asked jenncent, so since the settings are from usually same source, then i guess it's the individual companies themselves like moissco or schubach's who actually places the stone? is that right? Smile i'm really particular about the sidestones too 'coz i've heard some stories about the sidestones being crooked and stuff.

i'm considering this at first but am concerned due to the super little stones, it might not sparkle?
http://www.moissaniteco.com/round-moissa...10666.html

so i'm considering this... and i love the U-prongs... it looks more floaty? or open?
http://www.moissaniteco.com/35mm-round-m...10649.html

[-]
  •
01-31-2013, 02:59 AM,
thank you for the information everyone. Smile

[-]
  •
01-31-2013, 04:21 AM,
I found one of your settings easily. It originates from Unique Settings of New York (the bulk of MoCo's settings do). Here's the link:
http://www.uniquesettings.com/products/show/7815

From that link, you can take the opportunity to explore the whole Unique web site. You might find something you love even more. Smile

I was unable to nail the triple-row pave setting on the Unique site. Either it's discontinued, or more likely it originates at a different casting house. Hopefully one of the ladies here who knows Stuller, Adwar, etc., will be able to look at it and say, "Ping! I know where to find that!"

On the three-row pave setting with the teeny stones -- you will indeed have sparkle. No worries at all. That is if my assumption is correct and you're planning on those stones being Moissanites, right?

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
01-31-2013, 08:14 AM,
I second the idea of ordering the setting via a vendor that will hand pick the stone for you.

[-] The following 2 users Like jenncent's post:
  • Anxiouslywaiting, MicheleZ
01-31-2013, 10:20 AM,
That first setting is Stuller I believe. The think about micropave like that is that it will not sparkle like larger stones at all. It will look all twinkly when the light hits it, and it has the wow factor simply because it is a whole lot of tiny tinny diamonds, but it is actually not really sparkly. If you want maximum sparkle, I would use larger side stones.

Here is a video of micropave diamonds.

And yes, we can all order the same stock settings and you can have the stones set either by Unique or Stuller, the company that makes the settings, or we could do it ourselves. We do often use the casting house benches for setting, but we have our own quality control.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website