Angry jewelry, anyone?
[-]
  •
11-09-2012, 04:23 PM,
Angry jewelry, anyone?
At some point you've heard me whine that I have dreadful in-laws. And at some point you've heard me whine that my anniversary band is constantly spinning upside down and it drives me nuts.

Mr. Hadley and I have separated ourselves from his dysfunctional family in the past few years. But the thing is... family crap never really goes away. It's where he came from, it's who he is, and it rears its ugly head in our life all too often. And when it does, it's hard on our marriage. I consistently end up counseling him through it because it is my nature, strength, and skill set to do so. Quite honestly, I amaze myself at what I can get us through. But dammit, it's a lot of work and it's painful.

Last night I was busting my butt to help him through an issue he's having (and subsequently taking out on me), and in the process I was righting my upside down anniversary band every 15 minutes like always. Something came over me and I got pissed and ordered an eternity band to replace it!! It seemed like a very fitting reward for the work I was doing.

So I'm wondering... does anyone else have "compensation" jewelry? Or is all of your jewelry strictly based in mushy happiness?

Sharp mind, soft belly.
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-09-2012, 04:44 PM,
RE: Angry jewelry, anyone?
hahaha. Good for you. You deserve it!

Yeah, I have had some compensation jewelry. You spent $$$$ on guitars and amps, well, guess what honey, look what I found on ebay. Now we both have something new and shiny.

[-]
  •
11-09-2012, 04:49 PM,
I buy myself compensation stuff all the time. lol i feel like i deserve it!! you go hadley, dont feel bad about it!

[-]
  •
11-09-2012, 04:54 PM,
Yes, retail therapy is tried and true. Mostly for me it's getting frustrated from work!

[-]
  •
11-09-2012, 04:56 PM,
I haven't done it with jewelry, but I've done it with plenty of other things. Retail therapy really does help.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-09-2012, 04:59 PM,
Evenly sharing mad money seems fair and straight forward to me, Lorrissey. I wish this was a case of "You get toys, I get toys, everybody has fun." Instead, this is more like, "You've been unfair and now you're making me fix it for you, so you owe me." I'm struggling with that.

ETA: Ooh, while I answered Lorrissey, a bunch of you chimed in. Thank you for your sharing!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
11-09-2012, 05:06 PM,
I'm mostly just passive aggressive, I should really stop.................. Post pics of the band you chose?

[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • JuBe
11-09-2012, 05:07 PM,
I've been known to go a little spending crazy on makeup when I'm having a bad day and feel ugly.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MoreSparkles!'s post:
  • Lorrissey
11-09-2012, 05:27 PM,
I'd like to amend that, sometimes I'm active aggressive...............

[-]
  •
11-09-2012, 06:12 PM,
I have done it, I am sure. When I am mad DH either brings me home something, or can expect a bill in the mail, lol. It is our dynamic. I can't say it is right or wrong, but it is how we are. I also expect push presents, and I know some people feel that is crazy to expect something like that. Our dynamic of buying me things for my hard work works for us, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website