Another jeweler to add to the list
[-] The following 1 user Likes lucky.b's post:
  • MicheleZ
06-06-2013, 08:30 AM,
Another jeweler to add to the list
Of those who will work with alternative stones and who do lovely work: Mark Broumand of markbroumand.com

I've seen things of his over the years that I really love, though my most favorite thing he has done is the engraving on the cup underneath a yellow stone. I reached out to him to ask what his stance is on sims in his settings, and I specifically noted that I belong to several jewelry forums and others might be interested in the knowledge as well. Here is his response:

Hi Heather,
Thank you for getting in touch with me. I have created settings for clients stones in the past. I don't mind doing it for you at all. Let me know what you have in mind. I look forward to creating a gorgeous piece, or a few Wink for you.

Sincerely,
Mark Broumand

Anyway, just wanted to share another jeweler who will work with moiss and Asha and even plain CZ if you'd like. It's always nice to have options. I haven't worked with him personally, but have long admired many of his settings. He gets occasional props at PS and I'm not sure why he isn't utilized more often.

I don't think this is the setting I saw that he did for someone at PS, but is similar.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-06-2013, 08:39 AM,
RE: Another jeweler to add to the list
Good to know!! Smile

[-]
  •
06-06-2013, 08:44 AM,
Wow. That engraving is stunning! Wait, is it engraved gold, or is the bottom of the stone itself engraved?

[-] The following 1 user Likes lucky.b's post:
  • Dragonfly
06-06-2013, 08:54 AM,
(06-06-2013, 08:44 AM)battah Wrote: Wow. That engraving is stunning! Wait, is it engraved gold, or is the bottom of the stone itself engraved?

That's a gold "cup" placed in the basket underneath the fancy yellow diamond that you can't see from this photo. It helps to deepen the color visually on some yellow diamonds that just need a bit of a boost, by cupping it in the gold and making the diamond reflect it - if I remember that correctly. He engraved the gold cup, and it peeks through the gallery. I adore it and think it would be beautiful even in a white metal.

[-]
  •
06-06-2013, 08:56 AM,
Holy moly that is one fancy under gallery.. LOVE LOVE!

[-]
  •
06-06-2013, 09:09 AM,
Ah gotcha. It's really stunning.

[-]
  •
06-06-2013, 09:12 AM,
oh wow, beautiful!!

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
06-06-2013, 12:30 PM,
good to know... I'm a big fan of his.

[-]
  •
06-06-2013, 05:05 PM,
Thank you for sharing lucky.b, now go and get some project going and I will follow..... LOL

"Don't worry, be happy!"