Antique jewelry
[-]
  •
05-03-2013, 06:14 PM,
Antique jewelry
Since antique/vintage jewelry seems to be big right now, I thought it might be cool to have a thread with all the antique pieces (or antique inspired pieces) we own all in one place..ill go scrounge around and see what I can find in my jewelry box, but in the meantime, I'd love to see everyone else's!

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like RSS's post:
  • Dragonfly, idahosubaru, KendaKarats, Mamacass77, MicheleZ
05-03-2013, 06:50 PM,
RE: Antique jewelry
Ok here is my actual e-ring/wedding band. I love it so much but it's too fragile for daily wear, and some of the stones started coming loose, so that started my quest for a new ring. This is from around 1840, from England. The diamonds aren't dark like this in real life.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Lorrissey's post:
  • stardust
05-03-2013, 06:54 PM,
THAT's gorgeous!!!

[-] The following 1 user Likes RSS's post:
  • MicheleZ
05-03-2013, 06:57 PM,
Thanks! I've had a killer migraine all day so I'm spending my down time being semi productive and sorting stuff, so more pictures to come of my grandmas jewelry

[-]
  •
05-03-2013, 06:58 PM,
Ohhhhhhhhhh

[-]
  •
05-03-2013, 07:01 PM,
What's your date cut off? Antique to me says 1930s or earlier, and vintage to me says 1940-1970. But I know that's not the true dates for those titles.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
05-03-2013, 07:02 PM,
Your ring is from 1840?! LoveLove That's awesome!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
05-03-2013, 07:04 PM,
That's what I'd call vintage too...so I guess that makes me wrong too

[-] The following 1 user Likes KendaKarats's post:
  • Mamacass77
05-03-2013, 07:04 PM,
Antique jewelry? Did I hear ANTIQUE JEWELRY? OMG I adore vintage/antique/deco jewelry!!!!

My antique wedding set Heart Hubby bought it in PA at an estate sale while traveling on business. I always said I wanted one like Granny wore - supposed to have belonged to a well off farmer's wife who had no more living relatives Heart I had showed him enough pics that he knew the style, which was quite common *back in the day*

vintage setting w/vintage side sapphires...set with the no longer available light blue BTD sapphire Nyanya

Platinum omc or oec? (I think) 3 stone that was my granny's mother's (also the ring in my BTD avatar) in it's original box Smile It's around 100 years old! I never EVER wear it - am sorta afraid to, but it seems very sturdy in spite of how old it is!

and on my wrinkly finger Dizzy

Last one cuz this has worn me out! (have more, though, I am pathetic!)

Hubs bought this for me for our 5th anniversary - my birthstone is amethyst and his is diamond - this one is about 50 years old....

[-] The following 2 users Like RSS's post:
  • KendaKarats, MicheleZ
05-03-2013, 07:07 PM,
Exclamation  RE: Antique jewelry
(05-03-2013, 07:04 PM)KendaKarats Wrote: Antique jewelry? Did I hear ANTIQUE JEWELRY? OMG I adore vintage/antique/deco jewelry!!!!

My antique wedding set Heart Hubby bought it in PA at an estate sale while traveling on business. I always said I wanted one like Granny wore - supposed to have belonged to a well off farmer's wife who had no more living relatives Heart I had showed him enough pics that he knew the style, which was quite common *back in the day*

vintage setting w/vintage side sapphires...set with the no longer available light blue BTD sapphire Nyanya

Platinum omc or oec? (I think) 3 stone that was my granny's mother's (also the ring in my BTD avatar) in it's original box Smile It's around 100 years old! I never EVER wear it - am sorta afraid to, but it seems very sturdy in spite of how old it is!

and on my wrinkly finger Dizzy

Last one cuz this has worn me out! (have more, though, I am pathetic!)

Hubs bought this for me for our 5th anniversary - my birthstone is amethyst and his is diamond - this one is about 50 years old....

Oh my goodness!! That is all beautiful! Especially your wedding set and your great grandmas ring...I'm drooling over here!!!