Anyone have pics of OEC's set in White Gold?
[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 07:58 AM,
Question  Anyone have pics of OEC's set in White Gold?
I am unsuccessfully trying to decide for my ering...I Heart white gold, platinum, sterling silver etc.....but I also Heart OEC's.......How "bad" would the undertones be? I'm looking at either a 7.5 or 8mm here....Have to call Beth today, and am wondering if I should just go with a RB instead......then I'd have to figure out whether to have an unenhanced or FB.....Jenncent said do rose gold with OEC and pass it off as an antique Wink but I really don't know if I CAN do rose gold...It's my ering....I'd be wearing it daily for the rest of my LIFE.....PICS PLEEEAASSSE!!!!
Huh

Sold on Schubach :)
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 08:12 AM,
RE: Anyone have pics of OEC's set in White Gold?
Ugghhhh....Maybe I should just do white gold...RB....FI would think that's the most "passable/realistic." I am so confused.....I just want the thing decided on and ordered already...ugh impatient, fiery tattooed, musician Aries brain on overdrive.....

[-] The following 1 user Likes Lorrissey's post:
  • Anxiouslywaiting
10-18-2012, 08:33 AM,
I like WG and plat for that setting. I still think the OEC would be more passable because it would look like a true heirloom piece.

[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • Anxiouslywaiting
10-18-2012, 08:38 AM,
If you're okay with a bit of color, white gold will be fine. You could ask for unplated white gold, so the metal is a bit warmer in color without the rhodium.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 08:39 AM,
Me too...just wondering how "bad" the undertones would be.....I LOVE antique settings and I do think WG OEC would look more genuine.....don't mind some warmth, just don't want it REALLY yellow....

[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 08:40 AM,
Unplated....WG...hmmmm good idea!

[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 08:43 AM,
My OEC is set in 18k rose gold, but I don't ever see it as yellow. Definitely warm. I think Ginger's 8mm OEC is in white gold. I'll look for her pics.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lorrissey's post:
  • Joules
10-18-2012, 08:46 AM,
If you're worried about yellow, go for the FB or go for an asha.

Here's nikkik's 3-stone OEC in plat:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
handshot
video (i was under some trees)

[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 08:57 AM,
(10-18-2012, 08:43 AM)MrsK Wrote: My OEC is set in 18k rose gold, but I don't ever see it as yellow. Definitely warm. I think Ginger's 8mm OEC is in white gold. I'll look for her pics.

Thank you!!! I've heard about Ginger's ring.....I'd really LOVE to see it. Need to come to some sort of decision before I call Beth so I don't drive her TOO crazy...
Insane Crazy

[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 09:02 AM,
(10-18-2012, 08:57 AM)Anxiouslywaiting Wrote:
(10-18-2012, 08:43 AM)MrsK Wrote: My OEC is set in 18k rose gold, but I don't ever see it as yellow. Definitely warm. I think Ginger's 8mm OEC is in white gold. I'll look for her pics.

Thank you!!! I've heard about Ginger's ring.....I'd really LOVE to see it. Need to come to some sort of decision before I call Beth so I don't drive her TOO crazy...
Insane Crazy

Here it is.

http://betterthandiamond.com/discussion/...Post750259