Apples to Oranges?
[-]
  •
05-11-2013, 08:18 AM,
Apples to Oranges?
I know they are two very different stones, but how do you think a moissy OEC would perform compared to an August Vintage Cushion diamond? I am really seriously considering buying the latter but I need to really re-evaluate. There is a waiting list, which I am on, and GOG is going to start going down the list next week. Marie said people either need to commit or not - there is no time to be indecisive.

This is my situation - I prefer the shape of a cushion and now I love antique cuts. I was thinking if the moissy OEC performs the same, in terms of fire and light play, as an AVC, I really shouldn't spend the money to have the square shape, KWIM? I've never seen an AVC in person so I have no idea how it will look in person.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-11-2013, 10:07 AM,
RE: Apples to Oranges?
I hope this isn't a derail ... but, wait, WHAT? GOG is planning to cut moissanite? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? And where is this mythical waitlist???

[-]
  •
05-11-2013, 10:16 AM,
I think she is referring to the waiting list being for the August Vintage Cushion diamond - I don't think GOG is cutting moissanite. I think she means that she would rather buy a moissy OEC over the diamond if the mossy is as nice as the diamond.

[-]
  •
05-11-2013, 10:24 AM,
Sorry I was confusing. Michele is correct. If the OEC moissy performs as amazingly as an AVC diamond does, I can't see spending the many thousands extra just to have the shape I prefer. I wish someone would do a side by side video of the two.

[-] The following 3 users Like kangaroocrazy's post:
  • Dragonfly, JuBe, MicheleZ
05-11-2013, 10:24 AM,
Floppy,..

I would put a OEC moissy in a cushion shaped setting...and save Lots of $$$$$

But thats just me!!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-11-2013, 10:42 AM,
Agree with KC.

[-]
  •
05-11-2013, 10:57 AM,
I've been mulling over doing that, KC but since I'm doing a bezel, I wasn't sure if there would be too much metal and it would look strange. But then again, if I do it and don't like it, I'm not out a terrible amount of money and could sell it and go for the GOG diamond. Thanks for helping me talk this through ladies. Later on I will post pics of the two settings I'm trying to decide over with the pros and cons of both. Haha.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Circe's post:
  • MicheleZ
05-11-2013, 11:11 AM,
Aaaaaaaaaaaah, so sorry for the reading comprehension fail! I just got excited. Smile

I was out at GOG a little while ago and saw the AVC and AVRs in person, and for the first time, understand the concept of "perfect light return." Curiously, it wasn't the AVC that converted me, and it was the AVC I was there to see ... it was the AVR! I think if I won the lotto tomorrow, that would be the one I'd pick. So if it's the shape that's at issue, that might be worth taking into consideration. I haven't seen the moissanite OECs in person, just the amazing pics on this board ... but I have to say, for the size and cost differential, I'd probably at least order one to check it out with my eyes!

[-] The following 2 users Like jenncent's post:
  • Dragonfly, MicheleZ
05-11-2013, 11:43 AM,
I would order both and return one. You need to see both with your own eyes.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-11-2013, 01:36 PM,
I agree with Jenn, you should order both to see what you love more. Have you owned moissy before?