Are there amazing Men's rings?
[-]
  •
03-20-2014, 07:36 PM,
Are there amazing Men's rings?
I've been looking at men's rings and have not been able to find many rings that are spectacular with a flare.
Any suggestions on where to look for something that is manly yet has that regal look to it?

I found DeMer Jewelry ring that I love but the price seems steep unless I am missing something.
http://www.demerjewelry.com/men_oneinthechamber.html
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Here are a couple others that caught my eye:

Celtic knots wouldn't work but I like the overall look
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/17216920...avs_view_3

This one seems more plane but the diamonds look nice
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/16209137...avs_view_6
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/code]

May be too "girly"
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/12200792...avs_view_2

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • Rusalka
03-20-2014, 07:49 PM,
RE: Are there amazing Men's rings?
Gemvara has some more intricate rings that you may like. Are you sure that your S.O. would like something so intricate? I think men in general tend to prefer more simple, clean styles. Men also tend to be rougher on their jewelry and possibly less inclined to keep rings clean so rings with lots of little nooks and crevices may be more upkeep. Wink Just my .02!

[-]
  •
03-20-2014, 08:00 PM,
(03-20-2014, 07:49 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: Gemvara has some more intricate rings that you may like. Are you sure that your S.O. would like something so intricate? I think men in general tend to prefer more simple, clean styles. Men also tend to be rougher on their jewelry and possibly less inclined to keep rings clean so rings with lots of little nooks and crevices may be more upkeep. Wink Just my .02!

Thank you so much for suggesting Gemvara, I have totally forgot about it.

The man doesn't like anything plane and wears only shirts from Italy. He hinted that he would like substantial coverage. I had to chuckle at that since I am the one concerned with coverage Smile

Being rough on jewelery and wearability is a whole other matter. Engraving might be the best route for that. I just didn't see anything that didn't have something flowery on it.

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 06:30 PM,
(03-20-2014, 08:00 PM)Rusalka Wrote:
(03-20-2014, 07:49 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: Gemvara has some more intricate rings that you may like. Are you sure that your S.O. would like something so intricate? I think men in general tend to prefer more simple, clean styles. Men also tend to be rougher on their jewelry and possibly less inclined to keep rings clean so rings with lots of little nooks and crevices may be more upkeep. Wink Just my .02!

Thank you so much for suggesting Gemvara, I have totally forgot about it.

The man doesn't like anything plane and wears only shirts from Italy. He hinted that he would like substantial coverage. I had to chuckle at that since I am the one concerned with coverage Smile

Being rough on jewelery and wearability is a whole other matter. Engraving might be the best route for that. I just didn't see anything that didn't have something flowery on it.

Looks like Gemvara is not going to cut it. He loved the first option (the crazy expensive DeMer piece) and gave a nod to the Celtic knots ring with diamonds and rubies. The search continues!

Anyone else has came across ornate, gorgeous men's rings?

[-] The following 1 user Likes idahosubaru's post:
  • Rusalka
03-31-2014, 06:44 PM,
@Rulsalka I like the DeMer but man they love their rings! Those prices are celebrity ones not us regular people. $1600+ for sterling? Over $6k for gold?

Greenlake has nice ones.

http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/default.aspx

[-]
  •
04-01-2014, 01:59 PM,
(03-31-2014, 06:44 PM)idahosubaru Wrote: @Rulsalka I like the DeMer but man they love their rings! Those prices are celebrity ones not us regular people. $1600+ for sterling? Over $6k for gold?

Greenlake has nice ones.

http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/default.aspx

Are there no places that copy DeMer pieces with variations like they do all of the women's lines, lol? I am forever skewed now that I saw DeMer ring!! That engraving that is a replica of the engraving on an old gun is just awesome

[-] The following 4 users Like EricaD's post:
  • Bluespawkles, JuBe, Rusalka, stardust
04-04-2014, 03:02 PM,
I'm in love with Mokume Gane rings for men (and women). Check out Krikawa. Sholdt has some nice mens rings too, but they're on the simple side.

Erica D.
Owner/Designer
Love Affair Diamonds
[-]
  •
04-09-2014, 08:58 PM,
I love Mokume Gane. If I wasn't sure my hubs would lose one immediately, that's what we would have done for him. It's fancy and intricate while looking really masculine in the right shape. As is I have to get him rings in silver and replace them as we go. I think we've been married two years and are on number 3 or 4. Sigh.

[-]
  •
04-09-2014, 09:07 PM,
I love Mokume Gane as well!!! I want matching bands for DH and myself.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-15-2014, 12:36 PM,
I was obsessed with Mokume Gane a few year ago too. There are so many such gorgeous patterns and metal combinations! I am back to my antique art deco look now Smile