Poll: What would you do?
Keep it, why on earth would you part with heirlooms?
Scrap it, repurpose the stones/buy something you would wear.
[Show Results]

Are these scrap?
[-]
  •
07-17-2014, 11:16 AM,
Question  Are these scrap?
Someone told me I should just scrap these. They are my grandmother's and a couple are moms. I would keep the cigar bands and the school ring. But seriously, what should we do with the rest? No one will ever wear them and who would buy them? Oh and there's more in the jewelry box, gold and gem pendants as large as sand dollars. Of course I would keep the pieces I know the provenance of.

What would you do?

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
07-17-2014, 12:13 PM,
RE: Are these scrap?
I choose option 3, if they aren't something you like, or something with sentimental value, try ebay/db/llt! They're very boho chic, I love a lot of them actually, they'd make awesome rhr's. Or wait, I mean... Scrap them @Slick just send them to me, I will handle it all Wink hee! Seriously though I love the opal, the wide ring finger ring, the top and bottom on your pinky, and perhaps the bottom on your pointer!

[-]
  •
07-17-2014, 12:17 PM,
I think they are pretty and you could probably put some up on the bistro to sell. On the other hand, if they are all 14k gold - you could probably melt it down and make a big pendant for yourself!

[-]
  •
07-17-2014, 12:19 PM,
Wow what a collection you have there! If they do not have sentimental value, I would first try to sell since you never know there might be someone out there who will wear the piece as if. If that fails then I would scrap or trade in Smile

[-]
  •
07-17-2014, 12:32 PM,
@Slick Oh, hey! I'll take that ole scrap-pile three-stone on your ring finger... Hide Heh heh... Crackup

Perhaps list them first at least at scrap prices (if not more) and whatever doesn't sell, scrap.

[-]
  •
07-17-2014, 12:55 PM,
Thank you all for the opinions! How ever do I come up with a price? Some have sapphires, rubies, opals etc. I have no clue Huh

[-]
  •
07-17-2014, 12:56 PM,
(07-17-2014, 12:32 PM)CricketBug Wrote: @Slick Oh, hey! I'll take that ole scrap-pile three-stone on your ring finger... Hide Heh heh... Crackup

Haha. I think that set I'm keeping. Crackup Lol. Crazy how styles have changed!

[-]
  •
07-20-2014, 05:00 PM,
I am all about turning something "unloved" into something to be reloved. For instance, that "starfish" ring at the top of your middle finger. I think it could be a fun ring easily dressed up with maybe a couple small sparkly diamonds on the points.

I would consider (if you are into that) holding a couple back for fun projects. I don't know if you have little girls or nieces or grand daughters (I apologize as I don't know your age LOL) but might they enjoy them if they were family members' pieces?

[-]
  •
07-20-2014, 05:50 PM,
(07-20-2014, 05:00 PM)SparkleFactor Wrote: I am all about turning something "unloved" into something to be reloved. For instance, that "starfish" ring at the top of your middle finger. I think it could be a fun ring easily dressed up with maybe a couple small sparkly diamonds on the points.

I would consider (if you are into that) holding a couple back for fun projects. I don't know if you have little girls or nieces or grand daughters (I apologize as I don't know your age LOL) but might they enjoy them if they were family members' pieces?

Oh I love that idea for the "starfish," which is actually a flower ring my grandmother gifted me when I admired it on her. I never even thought of changing it out with a different stone in there as that one is chipped up!
Thank you so much for the suggestions!! Bighug

[-]
  •
07-20-2014, 06:03 PM,
(07-20-2014, 05:50 PM)Slick Wrote: Oh I love that idea for the "starfish," which is actually a flower ring my grandmother gifted me when I admired it on her. I never even thought of changing it out with a different stone in there as that one is chipped up!
Thank you so much for the suggestions!! Bighug

You're most welcome. Bighug I know that beautiful three stone isn't part of the stay/go pile, but I so wanted to say "scrap that baby my way". LOL

I know that is never going to happen because of where it came from. It is so beautiful on you, and my heart sings every time I see it. Wink