Poll: Have you found "The Forever One?"
Yes, definitely. But I still like to look at bling.
Hell no, I'll never ever be "done" I ❤️ this hobby
[Show Results]

Are we capable of the "One ring to rule them all?" Poll
[-]
  •
10-08-2015, 07:51 PM,
Lightbulb  Are we capable of the "One ring to rule them all?" Poll
Hi sparkle friends! Just for fun, wondering who he has actually found the elusive "one ring to rule them all?" Or do most of us aficionados appreciate variety and change?
Are we bling obsessed ultimately destined to a lifetime of bling swaps, resets, sales, purchases, etc? Every time I get a new ring I think, this is it ,and then within days or weeks I'm cheating and switching/looking yet again.
I feel a little bling fatigued and yet I just love the variety. Married 27 years (child bride, no judging Crackup) and even before I found Moissy, my diamond was in a new setting every few years! Hide

Share if you dare Popcorn

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes CricketBug's post:
  • Slick
10-08-2015, 09:28 PM,
RE: Are we capable of the "One ring to rule them all?" Poll
@Slick, I think I found my OtRTA ring by chance/accident—plus I get analysis-paralysis thinking about the options/choices and what if I don't love a new setting as much as I love the one I have?! Crayzee So, then I stay with what I have for a setting (HW-style).

When I first acquired the ring I wasn't sure that I loved the HW style. It fit me like it was made for my hand, though, and very quickly, I fell in love with it. I think I'm prone to imagine changing it when I visit the boards and see others' rings. D'oh!

Now, the diamond? After all the time I've had it, I still love, love, LOVE looking at it in any light. Today, while driving in the sunshine it was a sparkle-fest. Indoors, in retail stores, it was a sparkle-fest. In indirect light, she glows and manages to throw off fire. It's like a chameleon—sometimes very white, sometimes warm, always fiery. Happy sigh. Heart

I do have the 8.5 OEC moissie still and love it, too. But again with the paralysis... I simply cannot make up my mind, so the wee lovely sits in a case. But it won't spoil. Crackup

[-] The following 1 user Likes JuBe's post:
  • Slick
10-08-2015, 09:59 PM,
I've only had my engagement ring for 10 months, and completed wedding set 2 weeks, so I can't judge. But I did pick this simple but different solitaire specifically to minimise the chance of wanting to reset! Right hand rings are where I like to mix things up daily.

The only change I plan to make is to swap my FB stone for F1 or Amora in a year's time.

And maybe another band or 2 to stack...

[-] The following 1 user Likes MissCassie's post:
  • Slick
10-08-2015, 10:28 PM,
I had to vote "No", because I don't think I'll ever find a single ring that will rule them all for me, rather, I'll have a small collection of rings that cover all the bases. I have my original pear cut bezel, my ornate OEC halo ring for mega blingy days, I have a H&A that I'll be re-setting in an 8 prong solitaire some time next year (currently residing in a temporary 4 prong solitaire), and the two other rings I want are my dream 5-stone ala Yssie's from PS, and a 3 stone ring modeled from this sterling silver tacori ring I bought yeeeeeears ago from QVC. Still love the setting style, and I'd love to re-create it some day. Occasionally I dream about a yellow lab grown pear or cushion cut diamond ring with a split shank halo, but we'll see.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE looking at jewelry, and seeing all kinds in all colors and styles, but as time goes on I have found my list of pieces on my "Dream Wish List" has decreased. Enjoying bling doesn't seem to really fuel a desire to own more of it.

[-] The following 2 users Like stardust's post:
  • MrsK, Slick
10-09-2015, 06:16 PM,
I need another option. Crackup

Seriously though, I don't think I'm capable of a "One ring to rule them all", but I DO think I can be close with maybe, "A collection I'll always love."

An eternity to rule all eternities.
A wedding set that I'll love forever.
A right hand ring that I'll never part with.

That kind of thing. I love bling so much, but it has taken me a long time to find:
A. a love the look of ON ME, not just in photos or in the case
B. something that doesn't drive me crazy while wearing, and
C. something that fits my lifestyle.

After all that, I feel there are different categories (see above.) So I believe I can have a collection that's truly me (getting there) but not one single piece.

[-]
  •
10-09-2015, 07:15 PM,
Thank you ladies for your honest replies. It's comforting to know I am not cray cray Crackup
I totally agree @stardust with your comfort and lifestyle issues and thank you for pointing this out to me as well! Try as I might, I'm a more simple, wash my hands constantly (due to students' germs) gal. It needs to be comfy above all else. Also consider what actually appeals aesthetically on our own hands, it's just so hard to commit!
And I also find that day to day, what might be comfy or enjoyed changes!
I have a few staples in the box that will never go. But I also have a hard time having a rather expensive piece languishing in there, especially if it's not sentimental, ya know? So it's the guilt thing too.
@CricketBug I have inquired about modifying the hw, and love yours so much on you and others. I still drool over that setting. But as Star sagely said, "maybe it doesn't fit my Lifestyle?" Analysis paralysis! Absolu-freakin-lutely! Toofunny
I find I go back to certain pieces and perhaps should just stick with them. (I.e. Trinity ring Heart)
@MissCassie You have a delicious collection and I wish that I too could feel ok about having multiple erings, as it doesn't affect us financially, I just feel...guilty (and yet our convertible can sit all winter in the garage and I'm somehow fine with that! Wtf?!)

[-] The following 2 users Like jenncent's post:
  • JuBe, Slick
10-09-2015, 08:16 PM,
I think so. But I agree with star. I have found mine. I have others I don't want to part with, so I am saving them for my kids. But I have my ring. A kick ass eternity for days where I need something lower is on my list, but more erings would just sit like my other extras.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • Slick
10-10-2015, 01:28 AM,
I like to think one day I will be happy with the one ring, but truth be told, I doubt it.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-] The following 2 users Like daintyG's post:
  • GemmaBella, Slick
10-10-2015, 10:49 PM,
I know I will never be happy with just one ring, and I realized that early into marriage. I adore marquise, pear, emerald cut, antique cut cushions, and OECs, and somehow "need" at least one of each. I also desire a variety of settings, and my taste in settings changes.

[-]
  •
10-11-2015, 07:09 AM,
(10-10-2015, 10:49 PM)daintyG Wrote: I know I will never be happy with just one ring, and I realized that early into marriage. I adore marquise, pear, emerald cut, antique cut cushions, and OECs, and somehow "need" at least one of each. I also desire a variety of settings, and my taste in settings changes.

I love it!! Thank you for sharing!! I might have to adopt your philosophy! Wink