Are you ever just "over" a project?
[-]
  •
10-31-2013, 04:59 PM,
Are you ever just "over" a project?
So, my sapphire 3-stone is almost done and I still don't know if I'm happy with the prongs. I think I won't know until I get the ring in person and see if I love it or if I need to have the prongs completely redone/retipped. If I do, I'm going to take it somewhere locally where I can see it with my own eyes.

The jeweler has tweaked and tweaked and I don't know if it's better, worse or what. Maybe I'm just crazy (well, duh) or maybe he sucks at making prongs...or both or neither. I just know I'm sort of over the whole project, which sounds terrible!

You girls ever feel this way? Over a project before it's complete, or kinda "meh" about it? I'm not sure if it's because I'm buying another sapphire ring, if I have ADD, or am disappointed at the prospect that the ring may not be exactly as I wanted.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-31-2013, 05:02 PM,
RE: Are you ever just "over" a project?
Yes, that happened to me. It was never right in my eyes and it always bugged me until I had someone else fix it.

Sorry!! But guess what? They are just prongs, and they can be retipped and then redone to how you want of you are not happy with how they are when you see them. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-31-2013, 05:05 PM,
Yep, actually for the most part I'm over jewelry as a whole. Most things fail to excite me anymore and everything starts looking like everything else. *runs and hides* Tongue

[-]
  •
10-31-2013, 05:10 PM,
(10-31-2013, 05:02 PM)jenncent Wrote: Yes, that happened to me. It was never right in my eyes and it always bugged me until I had someone else fix it.

Sorry!! But guess what? They are just prongs, and they can be retipped and then redone to how you want of you are not happy with how they are when you see them. Smile

Yeah, that's sort of the conclusion I've come to. I love the basket and the rest of the ring (as far as I can tell) and I think I'm not going to love his prong work, so best to just get it fixed elsewhere.

YOU CAN'T BE OVER JEWELRY, SB??? Are you sick? Huh

[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • Lorrissey
10-31-2013, 05:21 PM,
I get "over jewelry" when I make a bad decision. I get over it pretty fast though. Dizzy

[-]
  •
10-31-2013, 05:26 PM,
yeah, that makes sense, SD. I get over things quickly, too. ADD can be a positive!

[-]
  •
10-31-2013, 05:29 PM,
(10-31-2013, 05:26 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: yeah, that makes sense, SD. I get over things quickly, too. ADD can be a positive!

One of the doctors in my office (well, ex-office) has ADD and she swears it's such a gift. She's like, "Life is full of people that piss me off regularly, but the good news is I generally don't remember anything about it!"

And it's true. I'd often have to remind her about really sketchy patterns of behavior, or just general jerkiness. It was highly amusing. She'd remember *most* of the time once told, but sometimes not even then!

[-]
  •
10-31-2013, 05:32 PM,
I am so sorry you feel this way. Especially since you went into it with such enthusiasm. Hoping the ring exceeds your expectations as it looks like it will be beautiful. Can you just look at the ring as a whole and disregard any prong disappointment you might have when complete?

I'm sorta disappointed and 'over' how I set my OEC but I just love the stone so much I overlook the setting until I am ready to redo. I still don't know what I'd do so I just watch you ladies to gather ideas.

Nonetheless, good luck. When will it be complete? I can't wait to see the finished piece.

[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • stardust
10-31-2013, 05:37 PM,
(10-31-2013, 05:29 PM)stardust Wrote:
(10-31-2013, 05:26 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: yeah, that makes sense, SD. I get over things quickly, too. ADD can be a positive!

One of the doctors in my office (well, ex-office) has ADD and she swears it's such a gift. She's like, "Life is full of people that piss me off regularly, but the good news is I generally don't remember anything about it!"

And it's true. I'd often have to remind her about really sketchy patterns of behavior, or just general jerkiness. It was highly amusing. She'd remember *most* of the time once told, but sometimes not even then!

That's pretty funny. I don't technically have ADD (I might, though!) but I am definitely sort of a scattered, all over the place kinda person and also have a terrible memory, LOL. It's awesome! The good memories people will remind me of and I get to relive the excitement upon hearing the story like it just happened, lmao!

[-] The following 2 users Like KJMM's post:
  • Enkay, stardust
10-31-2013, 05:42 PM,
EarthDiva! I think your ring is gorgeous and unique, and prongs are easy to fix for sure!!!! Plus, I notice, once you get the project on your finger it's much easier to get excited about it and be happy with it! Before then, every little thing in macro pics looks like such a big deal. In person, you get to appreciate it as a whole, at it's true size.

I got over modern white color range diamonds *runs and hides from the angry mob with SB* They all started to look the same to me, too mathematically perfect and too readily available. I still like old cut antique diamonds, those are rare and each are truly unique. Now I've been bitten by the FCD bug!

I'm starting to get over white metals, and starting to like mixed metail pieces, and I used to really really be a platinum only girl.

I don't think I'll ever get over jewelry though. If anything I'm getting deeper and deeper into it. Once I get over something in jewelry I just find something new to get more stoked on lol.