BP: RG vs WG
[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 08:30 PM,
BP: RG vs WG
I got my new wg bezel set barley pink studs today (thank you mrsK!) and was surprised at how different the stones look in white gold vs rose gold. I thought I would take some pics for everyone in case anyone was interested.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 08:32 PM,
RE: BP: RG vs WG
Wow - major difference!

[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 08:34 PM,
yeah, I was surprised how much the rg plays up the pink. I'm sure its not as noticeable in bigger sized stones though.

[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 08:53 PM,
Do your white bezels hold barely pink stones? They really don't look like it. Are these photos just less pink than real life?

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 08:56 PM,
thats about what they look like.. and I agree, they don't look very pink. in some lights they look almost purpleish.

[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 08:56 PM,
They are much fainter in the white! I really want to set a stone in white for a ring too, so it has that real *barely* pink look, like a pink diamond.

The stones are from the same batch too. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 08:59 PM,
(03-29-2013, 08:34 PM)MissKK Wrote: yeah, I was surprised how much the rg plays up the pink. I'm sure its not as noticeable in bigger sized stones though.

I think you're right about the sizes. BP in WG is more noticeable if the stones are larger, but they are still a very faint pink. Like this one.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 11:46 PM,
I love love love it in white gold! I has that pink diamond look that in my opinion the bp just doesn't have in rg. In rg to me because it is so much more saturated it easily looks like a coloured gemstone, spinel or something kind of colour. But in the wg the bp definitely has that faint pink diamond look. Love it!!!

[-]
  •
03-30-2013, 02:39 AM,
I am a big fan of it in the white gold. It has the cooler tones going on and I like that.

[-]
  •
03-30-2013, 04:17 AM,
I love it in white gold.. so subtle!

I get distracted by shiny things