BTD AG question
[-]
  •
08-13-2014, 06:56 PM,
BTD AG question
Hi All,
Forgive me if this isn't allowed to be talked about, but I saw on the BTD boards that the AG is allowed to be shipped to the US now? I asked about it, and my post got deleted (I just checked again and now the entire thread got deleted). So I am a bit confused, and a little annoyed that my questions are being removed from the forums (although if there's a reason maybe I just don't know about it). Dodgy

Can anyone clarify, or PM me if this isn't an acceptable question/if there are reasons to keep this quiet?

Thanks!!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-13-2014, 07:57 PM,
RE: BTD AG question
(08-13-2014, 06:56 PM)lovedogs Wrote: Hi All,
Forgive me if this isn't allowed to be talked about, but I saw on the BTD boards that the AG is allowed to be shipped to the US now? I asked about it, and my post got deleted (I just checked again and now the entire thread got deleted). So I am a bit confused, and a little annoyed that my questions are being removed from the forums (although if there's a reason maybe I just don't know about it). Dodgy

Can anyone clarify, or PM me if this isn't an acceptable question/if there are reasons to keep this quiet?

Thanks!!

I think the post was deleted because there is still a patent in place on SiC until 2015 in the US and 2016 in many other parts of the world. If BTD (or other reseller) ships the AG to a patent protected country, they are breaking the law.

[-]
  •
08-13-2014, 08:04 PM,
What @mmascall said. They are not supposed to be shipped to US addresses.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
08-13-2014, 08:10 PM,
(08-13-2014, 07:57 PM)mmascall Wrote:

Thanks!!

I think the post was deleted because there is still a patent in place on SiC until 2015 in the US and 2016 in many other parts of the world. If BTD (or other reseller) ships the AG to a patent protected company, they are breaking the law.

Yeah, I totally get that. But at the same time I'm feeling: 1) excited because that was a stumbling block to me getting one, but 2) a little Undecided about buying something from a company that is breaking the law if what people on the forum said is true (and does that mean I'm breaking the law?) 3) confused about how people somehow knew about it (someone on BTD said they got theirs in the US in April)? haha I guess its accurate to say I'm feeling lots of things at once.

[-]
  •
08-13-2014, 11:12 PM,
I saw that post also. It was not a reference to mail forwarding. Someone with about 100 posts claimed that they can be shipped within the United States now but an announcement was never made for "various reasons." Someone else with a post count in the thousands commented that that was true and an announcement had not been made but that the BTD website no longer lists a patent restriction. It does, but only toward the bottom of the page, and not at the top anymore. It was a very strange post and obviously they deleted the whole thing. Huh

[-]
  •
08-14-2014, 05:24 AM,
(08-13-2014, 08:10 PM)lovedogs Wrote:
(08-13-2014, 07:57 PM)mmascall Wrote:

Thanks!!

I think the post was deleted because there is still a patent in place on SiC until 2015 in the US and 2016 in many other parts of the world. If BTD (or other reseller) ships the AG to a patent protected company, they are breaking the law.

Yeah, I totally get that. But at the same time I'm feeling: 1) excited because that was a stumbling block to me getting one, but 2) a little Undecided about buying something from a company that is breaking the law if what people on the forum said is true (and does that mean I'm breaking the law?) 3) confused about how people somehow knew about it (someone on BTD said they got theirs in the US in April)? haha I guess its accurate to say I'm feeling lots of things at once.

If you want an AG the only legal way to get one is via mail forwarding - the AG is shipped from BTD to PostalPS which is a UPS store located on Native American lands. It is legal to do this because they are not bound by the patent laws. I think that most of us who have an AG went that route. As to the other questions, I'm not sure how others knew about it, I frequent BTD forums pretty regularly and didn't know anything about it until I saw those posts. I don't think that you, as an individual purchaser, are breaking the law (any lawyers please chime in here Smile) but the seller would be in trouble.

[-]
  •
08-14-2014, 07:55 AM,
I think it would just be best to ask BTD. If they deleted a thread, they did not want that info being posted on forums, but Less is pretty open, so I am sure he would get back to you in emails.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-14-2014, 09:11 AM,
(08-14-2014, 07:55 AM)jenncent Wrote: I think it would just be best to ask BTD.

This is what I was coming here to suggest. It can't hurt to email and ask them directly.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
08-14-2014, 11:26 AM,
http://winkcz.com/shop/product-category/amora/

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-14-2014, 11:55 AM,
(08-14-2014, 11:26 AM)kangaroocrazy Wrote: http://winkcz.com/shop/product-category/amora/

I got all the way to checking out on that link Huh no restrictions stated...I almost cracked and checked out Crackup