BTD elongated ruby
[-]
  •
12-21-2012, 07:54 PM,
BTD elongated ruby
I am planning with David Klass a ring similar to this Harry Winston with the bottom pictured stone I just bought from BTD. It is one of the elongated cushion 8.5mm X 6.5mm 1.97 ct. The HW is 5+ct ruby with .58 diamonds. I think this will look stunning but am worried that I will feel it is too small once done. But I don't want a huge unrealistic size either. BTD has an oval 10X8 but in comparing ct sizes on the printout of a 10X8 oval it seems similar in size to this elongated cushion. Also this stone was $265 and the 10X8 is $495 for 3.67 ct. The color of the BTD is beautiful!

What do you all think of this stone size in pic on my hand? Help please. Thank you.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-21-2012, 08:07 PM,
RE: BTD elongated ruby
I would prefer larger, lol, but that is no surprise. It is beautiful though!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-21-2012, 08:40 PM,
I think it's beautiful! It will look amazing in that setting!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-21-2012, 08:42 PM,
Gorgeous!!! Love it!

Sold on Schubach :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes idahosubaru's post:
  • Olivejuice
12-21-2012, 09:45 PM,
So I ordered the 10x8 oval to see so I can be sure of my choice. I wouldn't want to make the decision without seeing both!

[-]
  •
12-21-2012, 09:59 PM,
I think the larger oval will be nicer, I've noticed from BTD you like rings with a bit of presence

[-]
  •
12-21-2012, 10:19 PM,
(12-21-2012, 09:59 PM)Turks Wrote: I think the larger oval will be nicer, I've noticed from BTD you like rings with a bit of presence

That is funny you say that because I just sent my 2ct round ring I got from Joyce to DK so he can put a smaller 7mm cushion moissanite in it instead! While I loved it the stone was just too high and big for me.

I was really kind of let down when I opened the box with the ruby in it tonight and I think I need to go with my gut feeling. It is beautiful but just too small. I think the proportions will be better with the 10x8 like the inspiration ring.

[-]
  •
12-21-2012, 10:52 PM,
My ruby is a 9x7. I was kind of surprised at how small that looks on my finger. The long shape makes it look so different.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-21-2012, 10:57 PM,
and dark colours look smaller. Wink My 9mm feels a bit small...

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
12-21-2012, 11:02 PM,
That's true. My sapphire looks smaller than my white OEC and they are the same size.