Back to the drawing board
[-]
  •
08-22-2014, 08:05 AM,
Back to the drawing board
So I posted in my other OEC ring thread that the ring got sent back. I loved the diamond, but on one side the basket was quite obviously uneven. I tried to ignore it as the ring was had at such a great price (especially as it had a 0.65cts diamond centre) but in the end, it annoyed me so much I sent it back.
I guess when buying pre-loved vintage rings, you have to expect wonky sometimes but it ended up not being the ring for me..... (wish I could have kept the diamond though!! I really liked it.)

Can you see the unevenness?

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

So now I still really dont have a wedding set I love. The AG cushion 3 stone is being worn as a RHR and it may be sold soon (pending payment). I'm wearing a thin band at the moment and I'm back to the drawing board.

over the last few days I'm liking the idea of a solitaire + band less and less (and I dont have the funds right now to get a substantial centrestone.) In that case, I'm toying with the idea of a blingy 5 stone as its so versatile (can be worn by itself, with a solitaire or worn with a thin band.)

I've seen some amazing 5 stones on PS and I'm starting to really want one. Do any of you ladies have a sparkletastic 5 stone or 7 stone to share with me??? i'd love to see some perspective shots, i bet the sparkle factor is amazing!!

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-22-2014, 08:35 AM,
RE: Back to the drawing board
oh sad!! Was keeping it and saving up to reset all the diamonds not an option?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-22-2014, 09:14 AM,
@Bling It On I totally understand how you are feeling. I am feeling a bit like the "Princess and the Pea" at the moment. Nothing is quite right!! I don't have anything else to add but I hope we can both find something right SOON!

[-]
  •
08-22-2014, 09:24 AM,
I see the uneveness. That would drive me crazy, so I understand why you sent it back. I'm sorry!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
08-22-2014, 09:35 AM,
I couldn't handle the unevenness either, even if I loved it otherwise. I was secretly hoping you were the one bidding on the MDZ green OMC! I love that ring and it's so different.

A 5-7 stone is a great idea for mom life, though! LOL.

[-]
  •
08-22-2014, 09:37 AM,
(08-22-2014, 09:14 AM)Brit Wrote: @Bling It On I totally understand how you are feeling. I am feeling a bit like the "Princess and the Pea" at the moment. Nothing is quite right!! I don't have anything else to add but I hope we can both find something right SOON!

Aw, I hope you girls find something that steals your heart very soon! It can be a roller coaster sometimes until we do. Did you sell your AG?

[-]
  •
08-22-2014, 09:53 AM,
Can you go to some different jewelers and just try on tons of rings and see what you love?

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
[-]
  •
08-22-2014, 09:59 AM,
Aww what a bummer to hear this @Bling It On!! I hope you find the perfect forever ring soon! Have you thought about a pretty OEC solitaire?!

[-]
  •
08-22-2014, 10:32 AM,
I remember you mentioning the wonkiness when you received it. I wondered how you would live with it since it bothered you straight off. Sorry to hear your back to the drawing board now. I think it's just the nature of this hobby too. We are a fickle, discriminating bunch with our rings. Maybe we should just resign ourselves to the fact that we like to change up and there is no one ring that will keep us sated. Just something I think I've come to accept after many ring changes during my quarter-century marriage (gasp, I was a child bride, lol Crackup)
Anyway, I think a five or seven stone is lovely but you might miss that center stone/band look...how about having both, solitaire for when you're feeling blingy, five stone for when you're just mommy playing with the kiddies. Sorry to enable.
Good luck! Enjoy the ride. This wasn't supposed to be stressful, it should be fun! Is it fun yet? Hide

[-]
  •
08-22-2014, 01:37 PM,
As Slick said, there is never just one dream ring for jewelry lover/addicts like us. I know I'm always on the lookout for something new and exciting. The quest is the true thrill, not so much in the attainment. I just had a Moissy set into a diamond semi-mount which I love and also had my chipped 10mm Moissy set into a pendant (looks great). Still, I am now on an Amora journey for the perfect stone even though the last one I had was not thrilling to me. I'm now thinking D IF as the perfect Amora Gem for me. I've accepted the fact that I will be perpetually looking at new things because it's what I love to do. I think you are the same, Bling. Why the sale of the AG? I thought that one was a keeper. BTW, I think diamond band rings are fabulous so go for it if it's what you want.