Back to the drawing board -I need your ideas!
[-]
  •
04-06-2013, 07:11 PM,
Sad  Back to the drawing board -I need your ideas!
Cry

Two steps forward, two steps back. Right now my thoughts about all of this is in such a tangle that I need fresh eyes? brains? Whatever is the appropriate term... I need inspiration!

So. I want a ring to wear with my wedding set, to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Let's say that I have approximately 1.5k to worth with.

Elements that are a must:
-Warm metal (YG or RG, or multi-tone is fine)
-Can be stacked and look good with my wedding set, or solo, or with 2 of the 3.
-If there are stones, they should compliment my 7mm OEC moissy e-ring.

That's it.

Things I like in no particular order or combination:
-Old cut stones, especially warm ones.
-Engraving/detailing on profile
-Milgrained bezels

Things I don't like:
-Etoile-type bands
-White metals against my skin tone (around the stones is fine)
-Squared-off settings, like princess cuts, channel set ,or bar-set rings

Other than that, I'm scaling back all my preconceived notions. Seeing the ring in person makes me wonder if a 5 stone is even the right route to go. I love the symbolism and how great they look on everyone else, but I did a mock up of what I would consider to be ideal proportions and I am not sure that it looks good on me? Shocked

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-06-2013, 07:13 PM,
RE: Back to the drawing board -I need your ideas!
Here is the mock-up of the proportions I would be looking for, which is making me reconsider if a 5 stone band is right for me. It looks sort of ... dated? Retro? It doesn't look amazing on my hand like it does on other people's. Undecided

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
04-06-2013, 07:20 PM,
I love that mock up on your hand!!! What size stones would those be?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-06-2013, 07:27 PM,
It looks very pretty on you!! Then again, I love five diamond bands. My anniversary band is a five diamond band too.

[-]
  •
04-06-2013, 07:28 PM,
(04-06-2013, 07:20 PM)jenncent Wrote: I love that mock up on your hand!!! What size stones would those be?

I have absolutely no idea. I was hoping you might be able to eyeball it for me on what those would be if my center stone is 7mm? I replicated my center stone and then shrank them down until they looked right.

The center stone of the ebay ring was .20, but it was too small, I would guess at least .25 or maybe .30?

Here's the comparison shot of the ebay ring:

[-]
  •
04-06-2013, 07:31 PM,
I think if you want to be able to stack the 5 stone or wear it alone, you should stick to 3mm sized stones. That's about what the ones in your mock up look like. You could do moissanite in OECs or rose cuts.

What about something like this?

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
04-06-2013, 07:42 PM,
(04-06-2013, 07:31 PM)MrsK Wrote: I think if you want to be able to stack the 5 stone or wear it alone, you should stick to 3mm sized stones. That's about what the ones in your mock up look like. You could do moissanite in OECs or rose cuts.

What about something like this?

Yum, milgrained bezels!! I'm not crazy about rose cuts, but something like that in moissy OECs would be LoveLove I think I would need half-eternity though because I'm hard on my rings and I'd worry about damaging it.

[-]
  •
04-06-2013, 07:46 PM,
Having just got a 5 stone and they are about 3.8-3.9mm each, I don't like it with any of my solitaires. I love it with a plain band but with the solitaire is just too much for me. Maybe they are too big or I just don't like that much bling on my finger. I like the rosecut eternity MrsK posted but I would only wear that by itself. You may like the 5 stone if it were the size of your mock up. I actually think that looks great together!

[-]
  •
04-06-2013, 08:00 PM,
They are prob around 3mm like MrsK said. More stones, but smaller may make you happier. Like 2.5mm.

have you looked on stuller, for band mounts? I don't have the time right now to check, sick baby, but you should look there Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-06-2013, 08:19 PM,
(04-06-2013, 08:00 PM)jenncent Wrote: They are prob around 3mm like MrsK said. More stones, but smaller may make you happier. Like 2.5mm.

have you looked on stuller, for band mounts? I don't have the time right now to check, sick baby, but you should look there Wink

I just checked in on the random thread, I hope your poor wee thing starts feeling better after the Tylenol.