Band for engraving help.
[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 03:34 PM,
Question  Band for engraving help.
I am going to have a band (14k Rose Gold) engraved by DK. Much the same way that some of you have done. My question is.....should I send him a comfort fit domed band or a flat band? The band will be 4mm and he is going to add milgrain along with the floral pattern. I am ggoing to order today and am not sure what would be best. I know you ladies will know:-) Thanks for the help!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 04:13 PM,
RE: Band for engraving help.
I think that is preference. I have had both, and I would pick the one that would match your setting best. Probably domed, imo.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes HS4S's post:
  • mrsmay07
10-26-2013, 04:15 PM,
Thank you :-) That is what I was leaning towards because of my er band. I am excited. The engraving makes such a huge difference. Thank you for always responding. I love this forum compared to the bickering on others. It is so pleasant here.

[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 04:42 PM,
I agree with Jenn. Whatever you prefer. I like the euro bands that are kind of a combo of flat and domed.

http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/euro-14KW.html

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 04:42 PM,
No worries! Smile When I had my flat one, the shank on my ring was flat too, so I loved them together. They were also the same height, which is important to me. But my comfort fit domed one is more comfortable.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 04:53 PM,
I was not sure if one was better than the other for engraving. Most of the ones I have seen on here have been more rounded. I guess it wouldn't matter. I probably totally over think it. Lol.

[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 04:59 PM,
I think they are the same for engraving. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 05:13 PM,
Thank you Jenn. I totally have to think on everything. I wish I could be a little less ocd. I am still debating doing white gold for the engraved band because I like how the white gold of my eternity goes with my er. I am afraid off "too much" pink. I always did white gold before I did recent pieces in rose and love them. I am sure I will go back and forth until I order and then question my choice ;-) Totally just my ocd. Btw....I think your ballerina setting looks amazing on your skin!

[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 05:22 PM,
Can't wait to see this engraved band with your stack! If you love the one you get maybe think about getting another in the other color so you got the best of both worlds!

[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 05:44 PM,
(10-26-2013, 05:22 PM)JooJooBee4 Wrote: Can't wait to see this engraved band with your stack! If you love the one you get maybe think about getting another in the other color so you got the best of both worlds!

Thanks! That is a great idea. I know he will do a great job. I like the idea of having a band I can wear in situations where the stones are not a great idea. We are in the water a lot. My original wedding band was badly damaged so I have not had a plain band for a bit. This band will look good with the oec too. So many ideas from all of the gorgeous jewelry here:-)