Bezel AG cushion project
[-]
  •
09-12-2014, 05:23 AM,
Bezel AG cushion project
I've started a new project! It's called the 'bezel AG cushion project' aka, 'welp, that didn't last long'.

As you ladies know, I was lucky enough to get @Bling It On 's three-stone AG cushion and pink moissie ring. Heart

I thought, oh I'll wear it as a RHR for a while and try to figure out whether I'd like to re-set the stones. It's a gorgeous ring, but in the same style as my ering and I wanted something a little different. In my heart of hearts I kind of knew I'd eventually want to reset the AG cushion.

It didn't take very long! I went to the jeweler's the other day to polish/resize, etc...and the topic sort of veered off...long story short, there's now a custom project in the works.

I'm veering from excitement to the feeling of 'I hope I don't regret this'. Am I insane for starting a project so soon just right after I got the ring??? Hide

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-12-2014, 06:40 AM,
RE: Bezel AG cushion project
@GraceA - i think a bezel for the AG cushion would be fab! what are your ideas? Do you have any inspiration pics??

And what are you planning for the pink moissies? They are great arent they? Next year when I have more funds, i really need to get one in a bigger size for a RHR.

And if you think a very sudden reset of a new ring makes you insanne then you have obviously come to the wrong forum!! hahaha Laugh

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
09-12-2014, 04:46 PM,
(09-12-2014, 06:40 AM)Bling It On Wrote: @GraceA - i think a bezel for the AG cushion would be fab! what are your ideas? Do you have any inspiration pics??

And what are you planning for the pink moissies? They are great arent they? Next year when I have more funds, i really need to get one in a bigger size for a RHR.

And if you think a very sudden reset of a new ring makes you insanne then you have obviously come to the wrong forum!! hahaha Laugh

I'm in good company, it seems! Crackup

I DO have inspiration pics!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I saw this in @idahosubaru's thread here: http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Ant...nd-Project

And I just fell in love with it. Heart

I brought this pic to my jeweler and he worked up some drawings and will send some CADs. It will be exactly like this except with a thin bezel? He also mentioned maybe scrolls but I was already overwhelmed picking the metal so I said no at the time but now I'm wondering if I'll regret that decision. Scrolls or circles?!?

How the heck have I gotten this far in life being as indecisive as I am?

[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 06:25 PM,
Wow at that VC ring!

If you are crazy, then we all are. I think most of us do what you want to do. Lol

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
09-15-2014, 07:38 PM,
I love that VC ring so much. How exciting for you @GraceA !!!! I like the circles. Will the bezel sit atop the zig zags or are you nixing the zig zags?

[-]
  •
09-16-2014, 12:37 AM,
Oh, I really fancy that ring altered to be a bezel... I think it will be smashing!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
09-16-2014, 09:32 AM,
Oooh! I really dig that setting, circles and chevrons and all, and of course I think it would look even better with a bezel. Big Grin

[-]
  •
09-16-2014, 10:05 AM,
Beauty!!! Heart

Where would scrolls go? No laffing at the non-imaginative one... Hide

[-]
  •
09-16-2014, 09:46 PM,
@MrsK We'll all be crazy together! Crackup I really enjoy this forum, since no one else in my life can understand my craziness! Their eyes sort of glaze over when I begin talking about jewelry.

@idahosubaru It's my fav VC design! I thought that I would like the bezel to sit on top the chevrons but now I'm re-thinking that...I might nix the zig zags, but we'll see when the CADs come out. I absolutely love the circles, they remind me of lace.

@OoohShiny Thanks! I love bezels! I foresee many bezels in my jewelry future...If I start posting pictures of more than 3 bezel rings could someone stop me please?

@magpie Yay another bezel fan! Until I found this forum I had no idea bezels were so loved.

@CricketBug My jeweler showed me a ring that had scrolls underneath the basket and asked if that was something I'd like and at the time I said maybe not...but now I'm again re-thinking that! If I decide not to keep the chevrons, then I think I would move the circles up and have the bezels sit on top of them with scrolls underneath. I have the picture in my mind but it's hard to describe! I'll try to find an example!

I chose X1 white gold...because I'm low maintenance and don't really want to get it dipped all the time. Does anyone have an X1 white gold ring? What did you think of the metal? Should I keep it as X1 white gold or unplated white?

[-]
  •
09-16-2014, 10:00 PM,
If it is what you want (or had an inkling you might want to do in the future), then NOPE! Not crazy at all! There is, after all, no time like the present. ^.^

While I haven't owned a X1 white gold ring, that is what I would go with over the unplated white personally.