Bezel Scroll Ring
[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 08:26 PM,
Bezel Scroll Ring
I have my first CADs of the bezel scroll ring for my FB OEC. I think it is going to be pretty and unique. Right now though the bezel is too thick compared to the daintiness of the scrolls. It needs to be half the thickness top to bottom to be a dainty bezel? And not so wide on the top of the stone? This will be 18k rose scroll/ shank and 18k white bezel.

http://blog.schubachstore.com/blog/2014/...roll-ring/

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

These are the pics I sent to Schubach's for the type of bezel I would want. Dainty from the top and side with teeny mil grain.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 08:32 PM,
RE: Bezel Scroll Ring
Oooh love this project! I agree the bezel height needs to be scaled down to fit the rest of the ring! They will need the bezel to be a little thicker to put the millgrain on it but I think your inspiration size is perfect! What size OEC are you using?!

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 08:42 PM,
Thanks JJB. Really I want the Singlestone bezel sitting on top of the scrolls. I had them take out the 8mm FB OEC from my leaf ring.

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 08:48 PM,
Oolala I like the bezel with scroll idea, almost fairytale reminiscent to me (I may have been watching a lot of old timey movies recently). Definitely smaller/thinner bezel though I agree Smile

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 08:49 PM,
It's so hard to say with these generated images, but I'd say definitely slim down the profile and even maybe the top too. The picture that's second from the bottom is SO skinny and still has detail. If that's possible, I'd go for it!

It's going to be SMASHING.

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 09:09 PM,
Oh I adore what you are doing here. I agree the bezel needs to be thinner in profile and from top view. But what a stunner this will be! What a great idea! Can't wait to see it finished!
PS I think I wanna live in your jewelry box as well as jjb's. Crackup

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 09:15 PM,
I agree that the bezel is big, but totally love where you are going with this. So gorgeous!

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 09:46 PM,
(02-19-2014, 09:15 PM)Homeschooling 4 Stars Wrote: I agree that the bezel is big, but totally love where you are going with this. So gorgeous!
+1! Heart

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 09:50 PM,
agree. Shorter, if that is the right word, and thinner. Smile But off to a great start!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 09:55 PM,
Thank you all! Yes it is going to be beautiful! I think it works. Wasn't sure if it was going to but I do love how it is going. The scrolls coming together underneath are exactly how I envisioned them without a basket!