Bezel set diamonds on the shank - help
[-]
  •
10-24-2012, 09:31 AM,
Bezel set diamonds on the shank - help
Good morning Cow

I am getting an FB pear set into this setting Woohoo
http://www.etsy.com/listing/95408729/the...edding-set

There are 3 bezels on each side of the ring and the wedding band. A question came up whether I should have the 3 bezels on both sides of the wedding band or just one side that is not touching the e-ring Huh

I plan on wearing the set together or sandwich it around my original wedding band that is a pretty floral band.

I personally prefer symmetry but the overall look is important to me too Smile
Any advice on why I should take 3 bezels away from one of the sides? Would it look better? Are there any other benefits?

Thank you for reading!

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-24-2012, 12:09 PM,
RE: Bezel set diamonds on the shank - help
My guess is since the bezels stick out, it won't sit very flush if you keep all the bezels in tact.

[-]
  •
10-24-2012, 12:27 PM,
yes, those bezels will cause there to be a gap. But with a gap, your pave is all more protected.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-24-2012, 02:20 PM,
I like the idea of a gap and protecting the stones. I also thought it would look better with my current wedding band since it will give it even gaps on either side and will not look all squashed together.

If I take bezels out on one side, I think the uneven look would bother me. I am big about symmetric everything.

Decisions, decisions Smile

[-]
  •
10-24-2012, 04:56 PM,
I would just leave them if you don't mind gaps. I like gaps though. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-25-2012, 03:39 AM,
I would leave them as is, put a spacer band between it and the wedding band so it doesn't get ruined.

BlushCow Pains me to do this, but pains me more that you are getting ripped off. I won't keep going on about it but... here - save yourself thousands of dollars if you want. They will do any custom changes you want. I don't get these esty sellers that outright lie about their products and charge a fortune for them. Guess they make money for Etsy and that is why they stay open.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUSHION-6-5mm-...3f1e2092e4

here's the pear version http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEAR-CUT-7-10m...3f1e238691

[-]
  •
10-25-2012, 08:57 AM,
(10-24-2012, 04:56 PM)jenncent Wrote: I would just leave them if you don't mind gaps. I like gaps though. Smile

I like gaps too Smile That way the set will look like two rings not just one massive one. Mind you, there is nothing wrong with massive bling Stars

[-]
  •
10-25-2012, 11:00 AM,
Thank you so much for pointing out another sparkly making place to consider Wink I would have paid double or triple the price if I were to make the same ring here. So, I did OK considering Smile
I love working with Lulu, the customer service is beyond amazing on Etsy Cheer

[-]
  •
10-25-2012, 11:05 AM,
Well thats good then, as long as you're comfortable with it, just wanted to point out you have options!!

I can't get anything made here...I went to a jeweler and they quoted me £300 (around $500) for basic, casting house martini earring settings... what a joke!

[-]
  •
10-25-2012, 01:07 PM,
Ok, this really isn't the place for posting this, but since BMV mentioned martini earrings I felt compelled to mention this.

Is it weird that MCO is offering PT martini studs with 1cttw moissys for $399, but when I asked if they could make them with OEC ashas, they said the price was $695.

Is this not a HUGE price jump for using cheaper stones? Am I missing something?