Black Diamond Beauty
[-] The following 5 users Like EarthDiva's post:
  • MicheleZ, moissypaws, mrsmay07, Rusalka, Taeyers
01-09-2014, 05:22 PM,
Black Diamond Beauty
My WroughtGold custom 3-stone fleur-de-lis ring, re-customized by Amcor. Alb removed the 9mm sapphire cushion and put a 9.5mm round black diamond in it's place.

I think it's a sexy beast now. My DD called it a "Gothic Princess" ring and I kinda like that. poppyseed sent me some pics I want to share and I should get this baby along with my 2 ruby rings very soon! The black diamond has a very interesting iridescence to it IRL that isn't captured here, but I'll do my best to show when I receive it.

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
DSC_0041 by alexa.suez, on Flickr[/img]

DSC_0043 by
alexa.suez, on Flickr[/img]

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
DSC_0044 by alexa.suez, on Flickr

The ring before:
sapphire by alexa.suez, on Flickr[/img]

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 05:25 PM,
RE: Black Diamond Beauty
Wow! This really looks fantastic!!!!!!!!! I love black diamonds Smile

[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 05:31 PM,
Thanks JooJoo! It turned out really cool. I honestly wasn't really sure about this but I knew the sapphire wasn't working so figured what the heck!

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • EarthDiva
01-09-2014, 05:41 PM,
LOVE the black diamond!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you like the prongs now?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 05:47 PM,
(01-09-2014, 05:41 PM)jenncent Wrote: LOVE the black diamond!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you like the prongs now?

Without seeing them in person, I think I like them much better. For some reason I was wanting to see a more substantial prong with this setting. Again, I don't know what Alb did exactly, but I love the look overall.

My DH hates black diamonds and I know they aren't everybody's cup of tea, but I'm really loving this. He asked me if I was trying to tell him something by getting a black diamond to wear as an alternate wedding ring, lol.

[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 05:49 PM,
LOL, I am so glad you are happier with it now! I think the design is fabulous, and it really suits the black.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 05:51 PM,
OMG I LOVE black diamonds .. At one point I wanted to trade in my diamond e-ring for a black diamond and my DH thought I was crazy. This was all before I knew you could have more than one set.. Smile Smile Now the waiting x2.. It's a race to see what comes first!! Hehe.

[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 06:02 PM,
(01-09-2014, 05:51 PM)JooJooBee4 Wrote: OMG I LOVE black diamonds .. At one point I wanted to trade in my diamond e-ring for a black diamond and my DH thought I was crazy. This was all before I knew you could have more than one set.. Smile Smile Now the waiting x2.. It's a race to see what comes first!! Hehe.

CrackupCrackup Now you know, lol! I think men don't get it. My DH said the other night at dinner that he doesn't think I'd be happy with a diamond unless it was 100K. I was like, wtf? I think *he* would not be happy but to me it's not about cost or perceived value, but color, design, variety, creativity, beauty...a million attributes that have nothing to do with cost. If he were the wife I would have to buy him a 5ct ring from Tiffany. I love him to bits but he's such a princess, lol.

[-]
  •
01-10-2014, 01:01 AM,
This ring is a gorgeous and wicked dark beauty. Love it.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
01-10-2014, 01:42 AM,
Wowser, I'm not normally into black diamonds, but that ring is a stunner! I really like the prongs and the gallery, what a cool gothic ring! This is going to suit you so much @EarthDiva