Black diamonds, pearls, onyx and a spinel too!
[-]
  •
03-16-2014, 12:46 PM,
Black diamonds, pearls, onyx and a spinel too!
I finally got around to taking pics of my black collection. I blame this addiction on @EarthDiva. Crackup

My black and white diamond ring. The black spinel I bought was too big for the ring. So, we put a small black diamond in it. Alb at Amcor set the black diamond for me and put the spinel in a pendant. He redid the prongs on the ring, which is cool as they were a bit uneven before. I *think* the black diamond is around 5mm... Maybe a tad bigger. I love the ring. It is quite dainty though. I am so used to wearing rings with larger stones. I guess it isn't bad to have some variety, eh? My fingerprints are on the center stone in the pics. Ooops!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

The 6.5mm black spinel went into a white gold pendant.

3ctw black diamond studs I got for a steal on eBay. The setting they came in was really cheap, so I had Amcor put them in a sturdier white gold basket setting.

60" endless with 8mm faceted black onyx. This actually sparkles! It's so cool. It is reflecting my green shirt in the first two photos.

Bracelets

Onyx and blackstone from Etsy.

Black freshwater from Cathy Cardellini. I think they are 11-12mm in size.

Tahitian bracelet from Kojima.

7mm freshwater pearl studs from The Pearl Outlet.

I've posted photos of these before. Black freshwater heart shaped pearls from Catherine Cardellini.

Everything together!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-16-2014, 12:52 PM,
RE: Black diamonds, pearls, onyx and a spinel too!
Love this collection! I think the ring and pendant turned out great! Heart

[-]
  •
03-16-2014, 01:33 PM,
@MrsK - I adore your collection and willl be honored to take some blame, lol! The ring turned out great and looks so pretty w/ that nail color. Black is so perfect with your Snow White complexion. Hurn

Also, what a fabulous idea to have Amcor reset the black studs! I've noticed there are reasonably good deals on black diamond earrings but only when they are set in sterling so I never bothered with them.

[-]
  •
03-16-2014, 02:04 PM,
I want to come to the 'dark side' and play with all these pretty goodies!!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
03-16-2014, 02:13 PM,
Quote:My black and white diamond ring. The black spinel I bought was too big for the ring. So, we put a small black diamond in it. Alb at Amcor set it for me. He redid the prongs on the ring, which is cool as they were a bit uneven before. I *think* the black diamond is around 5mm... Maybe a tad bigger. I love the ring. It is quite dainty though. I am so used to wearing rings with larger stones.

Great Collection MrsK, I believe the black diamond is just under 6mm Smile I think your spinel is closer to 7mm +. Great idea to have a pendant too!!!!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-16-2014, 02:15 PM,
I think you're right about the spinel being closer to 7mm!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
03-16-2014, 03:41 PM,
Great collection!!!! I love it all!! And while petite, I think the ring looks great on you!! Variety *is* a good thing. Wink Love the Onyx rope especially!!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-16-2014, 04:00 PM,
(03-16-2014, 12:46 PM)MrsK Wrote: Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I really think this size stone looks better than when I had it with the OEC. It was too big for the setting and hung over the cleft of the diamond hearts which to me defeats the purpose of having heart side stones.

Heart

[-]
  •
03-16-2014, 05:29 PM,
Thanks girls!

@EarthDiva, the studs actually came in a white gold setting. It was just really flimsy. The new baskets are nice and sturdy. They also have big backs, which I think are necessary with the bigger stones.

@idahosubaru The size of the stone definitely suits the ring. I like it. It was kind of funny when my husband saw it on my hand the other day. He was all like "What is this?" Not because he didn't know I had it or anything. His reason was that he's used to seeing me wear rings with honkers. Crackup