Bliss from PS Inside Out Hoops Obsession
[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 02:39 PM,
Bliss from PS Inside Out Hoops Obsession
I have been obsessed with these hoops since a discussion started about them earlier this year on BTD. I've been talking with IDJ about them, and different versions of them for various budget levels, but torn about what to do.

I have proportion in mind as well.. for some reason I always thought perfect proportions would be stud earrings with ctw no more than your e-ring center stone, so that's why I got my 3 ctw moissy studs (still love those too).

But these earrings are hoops... so now I'm trying to keep them proportionate with my bracelet, which is 6 ctw with 15 pointers.

Bliss's earrings are 20 points each diamond! 26 of them... yowza! I love them so much! I have the pics saved in my phone and I stare at them all the time!

Her exact earrings are pretty expensive...to me at least! But just BA BAM gorgeous statement pieces! Unmistakably high ctw and blingy!

So I talked about some other options and price points with IDJ and using 15 point diamonds is reasonably priced...

Only issue is I don't think i like the idea of having hoops with same size stones as my bracelet?

Ideally I want the stones to be noticeably bigger than the bracelet...so I considered 18 point diamonds...though the cost is not much less than using 20 points but is a savings...but for some reason I'm just so stuck on having the exact same earrings that I fell in love with with 20 points...but who can really tell the diff between 18 points and 20 points?

Oh and I checked in with DK. Surprisingly his price was comparable to IDJ, except IDJ was promising excellent cut diamonds, PS quality.

I know this all sounds very neurotic but I'm sure my fellow bling addicts will understand!

Thoughts? What size should I go with and why? Am I just crazy?

Another hurdle is that I have small children and I fear they will yank them out of my ears...I will probably only be able to wear them to work and that's it.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 02:46 PM,
RE: Bliss from PS Inside Out Hoops
I think you should get what you want - being 20. If you don't, you might always wish you did.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • MicheleZ
05-14-2013, 02:58 PM,
RE: Bliss from PS Inside Out Hoops Obsession
yes, I agree, get what you want. If you settle on such an expensive piece, you will not be happy, and want to sell to remake it how you wanted. I would rather wait 2 months, save up more money and do it how I want the first time.

I know the earrings you mean, but can you post pics anyway, lol. I love them!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 03:09 PM,
These babies!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 03:15 PM,
I looooooove them, Bliss looks so pretty in everything. This is just me, but I can't wear heavy earrings at all. If the larger studs aren't a problem them I think you're fine though. Personally I like both, dainty and blingy. I think you are leaning towards larger because of the bracelet, so go for it! Very exciting, IDJ is awesome.

[-] The following 1 user Likes KJMM's post:
  • JuBe
05-14-2013, 03:15 PM,
They are close to $8K. I just have guilt issues with spending money, yanno?

They are about 2 inches in diameter and 3.8mm wide..imagine the bling wattage!

I would just feel sooooo glam in these... every day glam of course! I would wear them on the regular! Jut not around the kids LOL. For some reason I think these earrings, a ponytail, black t-shirt, dark skinny jeans, and black tory burch patent sandals, light make up, no other bling but maybe my e-ring, would just be the most perfect outfit in the entire world.

I have found some less expensive ones with smaller stones used for better prices but they just don't seem to have the same wow factor as these since these have large stones...

If only she would consign them.. I'd snap them up in a heartbeat!!!!

Bliss is soooo gorgeous...I haven't even seen her face yet and I think so hehe! She has such awesome classic taste.

[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 03:19 PM,
I'd say save up and get them!

[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 03:20 PM,
you need to get what you want if you can bring yourself to spend that much. I have the same problem as you do with spending lol but I always try to find a way to justify it. My boyfriend smokes so I figure if he can have that guilty habit then I can have sparkles lol.

[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 03:23 PM,
I say go big or go home! You'll probably spend more money selling the smaller pointers and upgrading to the new ones anyways. Those are so amazing!! I wonder how hefty they would feel on your ears LOL!!

[-]
  •
05-14-2013, 03:35 PM,
Those are so pretty! How about having DK make them with moissy OECs. They'd come in under budget and be just as fabulous in my opinion.