Blue Nile Hand Engraved Band??
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • moissypaws
12-18-2013, 06:37 AM,
Blue Nile Hand Engraved Band??
Hi all! So I'm obsessed with stacking right now. Anyone with any experience with Blue Nile's quality? I ordered a ring last night to add to my stack, I have to get rid of the sterling ring I've been using as the metals doesn't match and it bothers me.

Also, I searched and found a coupon code that enabled me to take $50 off, woo hoo for deals! I didn't want to spend too much on this as I am very fickle.

What do you all think? It arrives Friday, but I'm sure DH will make me wait til Christmas to wear it.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-18-2013, 06:42 AM,
RE: Blue Nike Hand Engraved Band??
That is so pretty! How many mm wide is it? I've had trouble stacking lately (bands too wide to stack with AG ring). I've ordered my 7th stacking ring from Etsy and I really only like one of them.
Blue Nile has a great reputation, but I've only bought one thing from there. A London Bue topaz ring. I wear it a lot but the colour of the stone is not the same rich colour as shown on the website..... Oh well.

[-]
  •
12-18-2013, 06:51 AM,
RE: Blue Nile Hand Engraved Band??
@becleeham thank you. It is 2.2mm wide. Perfect. Just thin enough to stack with my ering and thin moissy band. Your 7th(!) stacking ring. Oh you lucky girl! I just can't have too many options as my knuckles don't allow for switching up often. I hope I like it. I have heard good things about them and this was very reasonably priced for what it is I think. I've been pining for milgrain and wheat design Smile

[-]
  •
12-18-2013, 10:43 AM,
It looks good to me! I think BlueNile has good quality. The same to what you would get from Unique or Stuller. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-19-2013, 05:29 AM,
I LOVE the engraved pattern on that!.. I have that pattern saved in a favorites folder on my laptop..;-).... I cannot wait to see it on you!!..

• LaurieLee
12-19-2013, 05:59 AM,
@LaurieLee thank you. I am excited to add this piece. I hope I like it Smile love the milgrain and wheat pattern which symbolizes a connection to the earth and/or a bountiful harvest. Lol. Too much time on my hands you think? Haha
Excited!

[-]
  •
12-19-2013, 06:41 AM,
@Sandeek - no, 7 stacking rings is not good, as I only like one of them with my AG ring. The other 6 are either too thick, too small or just dont look good in the stack with my AG ring. I'm not having much luck in the stacking department!
I would like a bezel eternity, maybe only 2mm wide but i need to find a cheap version to try first just in case i dont like it and have not wasted a lot of money
(12-18-2013, 06:51 AM)Sandeek Wrote: @becleeham thank you. It is 2.2mm wide. Perfect. Just thin enough to stack with my ering and thin moissy band. Your 7th(!) stacking ring. Oh you lucky girl! I just can't have too many options as my knuckles don't allow for switching up often. I hope I like it. I have heard good things about them and this was very reasonably priced for what it is I think. I've been pining for milgrain and wheat design Smile

[-]
  •
12-19-2013, 07:51 AM,
That is a pretty ring! I hope you love it! I have never bought from Blue Nile but I have seen some of their stuff and it is nice.

[-]
  •
12-19-2013, 07:55 AM,
It really looks like a lovely band to complement your stack. I love this pattern too, and 2.2 mm width is perfect ! Can't wait to see it @Sandeek !!! Heart

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
  • moissypaws
12-23-2013, 06:44 PM,
It arrived and I'm a bit underwhelmed. Dodgy I'm learning that these macro pictures are just that...super enlarged. Anyway, I think the width is good. Wish I could see more of the design and milgrain. I think I'll keep it as part of my stacking collection. The quality is decent for the price, it's pretty solid, not hollowed out at all.
I change stacks so often, I didn't want to commit to spending too much as I am not sure the engraved vintage look is for me yet. Well without further ado here are some terrible lighting pictures..
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!