Blue moissanite
[-]
  •
04-30-2013, 11:33 AM,
Blue moissanite
I see native blue moissanites popping up here and there in varying shades of blue. I am wondering if anybody has one here? Does it have the same moodiness as the "colourless" stones. Does it sparkle less? Does it become dirty dish water colour in certain lighting like some other moissanites I've seen?

The price tends to be higher than the regular moissanite and the returns policies are not always the best. I have been avoiding it so far but the craving for a light blue moissanite is so strong... Should I wait until the patent is lifted and see what happens? Should I just go for it when I see one pop up?

Any thoughts, Ladies? Smile

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-30-2013, 11:39 AM,
RE: Blue moissanite
I too am holding out for a blue moissanite but I want one of the Schubach's because I love the steely gray colored blue that they have. I have heard the colored moissy's sparkle less but I can't say for sure as I don't own one. I'm definitely curious about this too. I'm going to lurk on this thread lol

[-] The following 2 users Like Lorrissey's post:
  • Dragonfly, Rusalka
04-30-2013, 11:51 AM,
I want a blue badly too.

I'm not that into the centola blues -- look too teal/purple. But there is an oval available that I might get to look at.

There was an older batch of blues from MCO I think that were greyer and paler and closer to blue diamonds. <-- I want one of those. I effed up when I passed on brftlai (sp?) lily remake using her blue. that was the right shade. I also effed up when I passed on borismom's bezel one. I almost started harassing Joyce last night to buy her blue in the bella halo.

[-]
  •
04-30-2013, 01:22 PM,
Lorrissey -- btrflai recently had her light blue lily for sale on ebay. I don't know if it's still there, but you could PM her.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
04-30-2013, 01:31 PM,
The centola's are teal/purple? I haven't seen one in RL but in pics they always looked kinda smokey blue to me. hmmmmm well I don't want teal/purple. lol I want light blueish.

[-]
  •
04-30-2013, 01:35 PM,
Here are photos of a centola blue cushion:

http://betterthandiamond.com/discussion/...s/758334/4

I like when it goes more clear and pale, but the other photos are a little too blue topaz for me.

[-]
  •
04-30-2013, 01:43 PM,
I like the purple color. But My whole room is purple lol. I love purple and pink, and yellow sometimes.

[-]
  •
04-30-2013, 02:23 PM,
Lorrissey,..yup..that is the blue I want too!!
Nice and pale........she did have the perfect blue!!

And MIssMegan,...I do not find that true at all that the colored moissy sparkles less.
I actually find in more sparkly as it throws more colors!! I love them!!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-30-2013, 02:35 PM,
Kanga that's good! I think I was just repeating what Less said lol so take it with a grain of salt!

[-]
  •
04-30-2013, 02:42 PM,
hehehe I got one over a year ago that Joe *forgot* he had and it was because the color ended up being different than the previous batch, so he treated it like a red-headed stepchild and locked it away in the safe and forgot about it ....I asked him repeated for about a month, "are you SURE you don't have any blue ones?" then...POW! He *remembered*!!!!!

I absolutely love the color AND I designed the ring, along with using a lot of my old gold and my diamonds- you should have seen the drawings I faxed over to Beth and Joe! LOL!! This ring is a honker - however, I can't figure out how to embed the youtube video of it in here - grrrrrrrr Huh *the little TV button doesn't DO anything when I click it*

In the meantime here's two blue moissy rings that I *used* to own Smile

3 stone with clear moissy sides...
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

and...blue moissy center with diamonds galore...

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Will someone PLEASE tell me how to stick a video in here? LOL!!! I've tried 672 different ways and it will not show up Disagree the "tv" icon/button doesn't do anything at all when I click it -it just sits there...sorta like my husband on the weekends.